GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Team Nintendo in NBA street 3"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'NFL Street 3'.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:57
Regular
EA not supporting the Dreamcast was one of the reasons for the fall of SEGA's final machine. Could the same happen to Nintendo?

Not yet. Recent box art from EA has reveals Mario, Peach and Luigi in the corner with the words "all stars" for game NBA street volume 3.

The game itself is a pretty decent title and the "all stars" indicates a full Nintendo team may be included in the game. This EA-Nintendo news smells of the "Link in Soul Calibur 2" news and Namco followed that with a slew of exclusive Nintendo games and a serious boost in SC2 sales.

It is almost certain that the die hard Nintendo fan base will buy this game with the inclusion of Nintendo's big characters. I for one, someone who would never have got a title in this series, will buy the game on this news.

Boosting EA sales is what Nintendo have been trying to do for a while, there are special Rogue Agent and Need for Speed adverts jointly paid for by Nintendo and EA that only advertise them on the Gamecube.

One step on from advertising other company's games is altering them to suit the fan base. This should also help to some level improve the falling popularity of Mario.

Maybe.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:57
Regular
EA not supporting the Dreamcast was one of the reasons for the fall of SEGA's final machine. Could the same happen to Nintendo?

Not yet. Recent box art from EA has reveals Mario, Peach and Luigi in the corner with the words "all stars" for game NBA street volume 3.

The game itself is a pretty decent title and the "all stars" indicates a full Nintendo team may be included in the game. This EA-Nintendo news smells of the "Link in Soul Calibur 2" news and Namco followed that with a slew of exclusive Nintendo games and a serious boost in SC2 sales.

It is almost certain that the die hard Nintendo fan base will buy this game with the inclusion of Nintendo's big characters. I for one, someone who would never have got a title in this series, will buy the game on this news.

Boosting EA sales is what Nintendo have been trying to do for a while, there are special Rogue Agent and Need for Speed adverts jointly paid for by Nintendo and EA that only advertise them on the Gamecube.

One step on from advertising other company's games is altering them to suit the fan base. This should also help to some level improve the falling popularity of Mario.

Maybe.
Wed 15/12/04 at 18:39
Regular
If you buy it just because it's got Nintendo characters in it, you're an assface.

YOu should buy it because it's an awesome game (series).
Wed 15/12/04 at 18:41
Regular
"bit of a brain"
That's actually the stupidest reason that I ever heard for buying a game.
Wed 15/12/04 at 18:45
Regular
Mario and Luigi have the unfair advantage of being able to jump really high anyway.

And Peach can float.

And Yoshi would just eat the ball.

Some would throw Samus instead of the real ball, whilst Link would probably puncture it closed.

And Bowser would break the court.

NIntendo characters just can't play basketball.
Wed 15/12/04 at 18:46
Regular
Mario and Luigi have the unfair advantage of being able to jump really high anyway.

And Peach can float.

And Yoshi would just eat the ball.

Some would throw Samus instead of the real ball, whilst Link would probably puncture it.

And Bowser would break the court.

NIntendo characters just can't play basketball.
Wed 15/12/04 at 19:07
Regular
If I was after a basketball game, then that would be more of an incentive for me to get that one.

However, I made the mistake of buying NBA Courtside 2002 just because it was a Nintendo developed game. (not entirely the same circumstances, but you know how it is)

Was alright for a quick game, but I got bored of it really quickly.
Wed 15/12/04 at 19:11
Regular
"bit of a brain"
You CAN dunk it from the half way line though.
Wed 15/12/04 at 19:22
Regular
Street's a genius series.

Though I can't say I'd want to be playing on the streets of Harlem with Mario, Yoshi and Peach.

I suppose some Nintendo fans will shoot their loads though as Dringo has just proved.
Wed 15/12/04 at 21:54
Regular
munn wrote:
> If you buy it just because it's got Nintendo characters in it, you're
> an assface.
>
> YOu should buy it because it's an awesome game (series).

It is one of those games that i've looked at but never bought. I'm sure the game is fun but I don't know the players or rules of the sport unlike lets say tennis or football. Allowing me to play as players I do know gives me a massive incentive to own the game.

FIFA for example, is a fun game and I own it because it is not only good but gives me the oppertunity to play as Leeds.
Thu 16/12/04 at 18:06
Regular
"bit of a brain"
you don't know the rules of basketball? You can't spell opportunity?

That is ridiculous.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.