GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm stupid and need help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/12/04 at 15:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I want to play Rome:Total War but my PC is pretty rubbish and rejected the demo I tried to play.

Anyway, most of the specs are fine but I'm pretty sure my graphics card is next to useless. So, help me pick a new one... how hard is it to install without me killing myself?
Wed 15/12/04 at 23:57
Regular
"Captain to you."
SHEEPY wrote:

> All I could get was I have 256 mb ram, 2.2 Ghz processor.

If you really do have only 256 Ram this could also be your problem if you plan on being able to play the game smoothly. I'm also not sure that it would run with that amount of ram as thats pretty low... add another 512mb if you can but i guess 256mb more would do.

i good card infact a great card if the geforce ti 4600 they are not made anymore and hard to find but would be about £40 i guess and it has lastest me 2 years perfecttly. But going to be way out of date soon.
Tue 14/12/04 at 22:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Of course if you want to speak to someone you have already negotiated communications with, i will help you.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:53
Regular
"Excommunicated"
What's MSN, how do I work that?

Not sure, I never use it and changed one or twice. Ok, I'll try that but I probably won't get round to changing it until after the New year.
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:22
Regular
"smile, it's free"
(Assuming of course, you haven't changed MSN or blocked me in the two years or so it probably is since I last spoke to you on MSN. Which you probably have. So for reference, my MSN is [email protected] )
Tue 14/12/04 at 21:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You can very easily find out exactly what your current hardware configuration is with SiSoft Sandra. This will also tell you exactly what motherboard you've got, and so on.

If you need help with it, get on MSN and give me a shout.
Tue 14/12/04 at 18:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Computers are always against me... so much work... why????
Tue 14/12/04 at 18:04
"I love yo... lamp."
I'd probably take the computer to a place called Priceless Computers, on Dumbarton Road, across from PC World. They ought to be able to make it play Rome: Total War.
Tue 14/12/04 at 17:59
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh goody good good.
Tue 14/12/04 at 17:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Usually intel graphics are integrated. Coupled with the fact you had trouble finding the AGP port makes me suspect your computer may not have one at all, calling for a new motherboard as well.
Tue 14/12/04 at 17:44
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I feel a trip coming on... thanks.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.