GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""Microsoft Software on Every Computer""

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 13/05/01 at 18:20
Regular
That was Microsoft's vision wasn't it? Now that seems to have extended to "lots of expensive software and games on every PC, and a console and lots of games as well!"

(and also "lets make lots of money")

!!
Sun 13/05/01 at 18:20
Regular
That was Microsoft's vision wasn't it? Now that seems to have extended to "lots of expensive software and games on every PC, and a console and lots of games as well!"

(and also "lets make lots of money")

!!
Sun 13/05/01 at 21:01
Yeah, well, the only purpose of Microsoft is to grab your money as fast as they can.
Sun 27/05/01 at 17:16
i run a PC using win98 it isnt full of bugs but i would use a mac if more games supported it because it is a faster system im just using windows because i have to :(
Mon 28/05/01 at 20:25
Personally, I see nothing wrong with microsoft, Bill Gates is a very smart man (even if he does lke his money!).I'm sure that if any of you had the chance to be the worlds richest person, you would...
Sat 09/06/01 at 12:19
Regular
True enough, I suppose, but if you aren't the world's richest man, why not have a go at the man who is?
Mon 11/06/01 at 15:43
I have to say I personally run Win95, I have tried to use a copy of Windows98 SE to see if it was an improvement..but it just slowed my computer down..why does a higher OS make a computer go slower???
Tue 12/06/01 at 18:26
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
bill gates isn't the worlds richest man (thats the oil guy) and he ain't the smartest. Remember its not him that writes the code( when microsoft started out the bought there software from other companies) so just because he's behind microsoft dosn't mean that they couldn't do the same without him.
I think its a little unfair that there aren't any other Operating systems available for us PC users(LINUX isn't really good enough)
Wed 13/06/01 at 08:59
You have to give Gates some credit, he did make his own programming language BASIC.
I blame IBM for this mess, if they had properly patented their machine then there wouldnt be so many IBM PC clones the PC wouldnt be popular and perhaps wed all have Ataris or Macs.
Thu 14/06/01 at 20:52
For your information Bill gates did not write Dos or Basic he simply pinched and adapted them both from someone who didn't have the Managerial no how to get em sold or copy write em ,unfortunatly, Bill gate probably could program pacman never mind Basic?
Sun 15/07/01 at 11:21
well you are going quite far back with BASIC and DOS and also just speaking about Bill Gates. "Microsoft" was not just run by bill gates, and him and another person called "Paul Allan" started Microsoft i think, its just Bill Gates got more money out of it that Paul Allan and so was more well known. Personally I dont know Bill gates but I think he looks a bit moody, and all he wants is his money, i mean he could solve the worlds povrty with his money (well sort of) but keeps it all to himself coz he's a greedy little Beeeeep!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.