GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Swearing on the forums"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/12/04 at 10:20
Regular
"serenity now!"
For some reason, over the last few weeks, therehas been a marked increase in the amount of swearing on the boards, coming from both newbies and some regulars.

If you are new, please take a look at the rules: [URL]http://ukchatforums.com/forumrules.php[/URL]. Even if you're not, it might not hurt to review them again.

Just to get it clear, swearing in any form is not allowed. That includes starring out letters and replacing letters with ! characters etc. The swear filter in place will catch some but it is only a backup tool. In reality someone has to go through and edit or delete your post.

First offence will be a warning, repeated violations will result in a banning. It is such a stupid thing to be banned for because it is utterly preventable.

Please bear in mind that this is a family forum, visited by people of all ages, and it is irresponsible (and unnecessary) to use bad language around here.

Thanks.
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:20
Regular
"serenity now!"
For some reason, over the last few weeks, therehas been a marked increase in the amount of swearing on the boards, coming from both newbies and some regulars.

If you are new, please take a look at the rules: [URL]http://ukchatforums.com/forumrules.php[/URL]. Even if you're not, it might not hurt to review them again.

Just to get it clear, swearing in any form is not allowed. That includes starring out letters and replacing letters with ! characters etc. The swear filter in place will catch some but it is only a backup tool. In reality someone has to go through and edit or delete your post.

First offence will be a warning, repeated violations will result in a banning. It is such a stupid thing to be banned for because it is utterly preventable.

Please bear in mind that this is a family forum, visited by people of all ages, and it is irresponsible (and unnecessary) to use bad language around here.

Thanks.
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:33
Regular
"serenity now!"
This is supposed to be a reasonably serious topic. Please don't spam it up with bad jokes.
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:34
Regular
A man walks into a bar.

Oof!
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:39
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I invented a fantastic game once, called "Beat the swear filter". The idea was so fiendishly simple that Trevor and Simon could have hosted it on Going Live. Just think up swear words to beat the filter - it's for SR's benefit - they can add them to the big list of Daily Mail-vetted forbidden words (even if they are in the dictionary, and my Mummy says them lots).

[vetted by the Daily Mail's "I'm an outraged parent, watch me fly" campaign]
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:43
Regular
"serenity now!"
Come on, you're asking people to come up with ways to beat the swear filter. It really isn't hard, that is the point of my post.

It doesn't matter if you feel it censorship, you wouldn't read it in a newspaper and you wouldn't see it on TV before 9, so it's the same here. There are a million places you can swear on the internet if you feel the need, but here isn't one of them.
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Aw, you're less fun than Snuggly. He would have broken down and started sobbing like a little girl by now.
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:52
Regular
"serenity now!"
You can't see through my monitor...
Wed 01/12/04 at 10:54
Regular
Delete all you want though stance, soon before you got rid of our posts I took a screenshot, and I'm currently printing it out and sending to the Daily Mail.
Wed 01/12/04 at 11:41
Regular
I've got a poem that I think will solve everything.

for all those who swear
under the table now!
cause you've been very naughty
know that your punishment will be great

If you wish to put that into the original post, feel free. There is no big copyright.

No bad jokes? Oh, sorry. :-(
Wed 01/12/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Serious question: when you say "starring out letters isn't acceptable" does this mean that ****ing is allowed whereas f***ing isn't? Or is neither allowed?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.