GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console flavour of the month"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/11/04 at 18:49
"possibly impossible"
It's weird, but it seems that I'm attracted to different consoles as the months progress. 2 months ago I was almost exclusively playing on the Gamecube (Wario Ware, NFS Underground and others), but now it's the Xbox.

I think that the PS2 will come around again when I get time to complete Prince of Persia and start San Andreas properly (as opposed to just running around the place blowing things up).

But it's not just the playing games, I suddenly find myself more interested in the news for that particular console. hmm. Anyone else find this?
Tue 30/11/04 at 18:49
"possibly impossible"
It's weird, but it seems that I'm attracted to different consoles as the months progress. 2 months ago I was almost exclusively playing on the Gamecube (Wario Ware, NFS Underground and others), but now it's the Xbox.

I think that the PS2 will come around again when I get time to complete Prince of Persia and start San Andreas properly (as opposed to just running around the place blowing things up).

But it's not just the playing games, I suddenly find myself more interested in the news for that particular console. hmm. Anyone else find this?
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:00
Regular
"Im a Daddy :-)"
Yep, I played nothing but my xbox for ages apart from some multiplaying on the cube when friends were around. Then one day I just changed over and didnt touch my xbox for few months. When the change happened I started buying mags for the console of the moment, but Im back on the xbox now and have been for a long time as there just is not anything on the cube worth getting (may try metriod 2 thou).
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Yes, ish.

It all hinges on big news/releases.
Start of October it was Cube-ness with Wario Ware, Donkey Konga and Pikmin 2. End of October it was my PS2, what with San Andreas. Last month it was Halo 2 to begin with, then I wandered off Halo to Paper Mario 2. And this week I've been focused on my lovely new DS, and a bit of Pro Evo 4.

Football Manager 05 has had some use also.

As for news I've mainly been following Nintendo, but I always look at the Xbox stuff too. Ahhh, winter rules for games.
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:02
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Oh and in the summer this year I hardly even touched my Cube. Xbox had Black Arrow and Riddick.

I didn't play games much at all over the summer, or in spring - I never do much.
Tue 30/11/04 at 19:09
Regular
"\\"
I (just about) built my PC for gaming... But then just stuck with the Xbox for a while. Then HL2 came out... Hohoho. Nothing else is getting my attention for a while :D
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:02
Regular
"Prefers Tesis"
I assume that it only works if you have more than one console. For me its a no.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:25
Regular
"Not a Jew"
My PS2 is brokered. The laser reader is gone, I think.
Tue 30/11/04 at 20:55
Regular
"Homemade Cherry Pie"
Yup.

Before two weeks ago i was addicted to my PS2, what with GTA:SA and all that jazz. But since then its been XBOX all the way and Halo 2. And my newly found live.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:04
"possibly impossible"
RoJ wrote:
> My PS2 is brokered. The laser reader is gone, I think.

Mine stopped reading discs, but I took it apart and cleaned the disc lens and mechanism and then it worked fine. Dust magnets they are.
Tue 30/11/04 at 21:08
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I've got all 3 consoles. Haven't touched any of them in well over 6 months.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.