GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Film] Stay Alive,"You die in the game - you die in real life.""

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/11/06 at 12:52
Regular
"I may return"
About the film:
When Hutch's best friend Loomis is a killed in a voilent massacre, Hutch ends up with the game he played just before his death. The game was called 'Stay Alive', the game is technically illegal and Hutch and his friends can't resist the temptation of playing it. The game resurrects Countess Bathory, who centuries ago was locked up in her tower when her crimes were discovered (she is said to have brutally murdered 650 servant girls and bathed in their blood, as she thought it would keep her youth). Now, she is fulfilling her vow to return to reassume her reign of terror. This time, however, her victims are gamers who will die in the same way in life, as they do in the game. Once the friends start playing the game, they must keep playing, because if they don't the game plays itself and they don't have a chance of survival. The only way to stop the game, is to find the real tower and put three nails in the Countesses corpse.

My thoughts:
I didn't know anything about this movie, so I took a chance, and I'm glad I did. I was expecting something blood thirsty, but this managed to pass my expectations. Most horrors aren't scary so I thought that this one would be the same, but, from the first scene I knew it was going to be an exception.
I liked this film alot, because the acting was good enough to believe, the death scenes were actually take you by surprise and the deaths in the game were excact to their real life deaths. A great film, in parts it made me believe that I wouldn't be able to sleep, the most common reason to watch horrors.
I'd give it a 8/10 because it's a great story, but could have been scary, but they chose gory instead, not always the best option, still at points it was scary and gory.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Sat 25/11/06 at 12:52
Regular
"I may return"
About the film:
When Hutch's best friend Loomis is a killed in a voilent massacre, Hutch ends up with the game he played just before his death. The game was called 'Stay Alive', the game is technically illegal and Hutch and his friends can't resist the temptation of playing it. The game resurrects Countess Bathory, who centuries ago was locked up in her tower when her crimes were discovered (she is said to have brutally murdered 650 servant girls and bathed in their blood, as she thought it would keep her youth). Now, she is fulfilling her vow to return to reassume her reign of terror. This time, however, her victims are gamers who will die in the same way in life, as they do in the game. Once the friends start playing the game, they must keep playing, because if they don't the game plays itself and they don't have a chance of survival. The only way to stop the game, is to find the real tower and put three nails in the Countesses corpse.

My thoughts:
I didn't know anything about this movie, so I took a chance, and I'm glad I did. I was expecting something blood thirsty, but this managed to pass my expectations. Most horrors aren't scary so I thought that this one would be the same, but, from the first scene I knew it was going to be an exception.
I liked this film alot, because the acting was good enough to believe, the death scenes were actually take you by surprise and the deaths in the game were excact to their real life deaths. A great film, in parts it made me believe that I wouldn't be able to sleep, the most common reason to watch horrors.
I'd give it a 8/10 because it's a great story, but could have been scary, but they chose gory instead, not always the best option, still at points it was scary and gory.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.