GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This week's "You stupid Public" highlight"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 23/11/04 at 11:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was enjoying that Hollywood actionspectacular of the Fallujah assault when it broke on the news.
Finally, our heroic liberators would stomp on those pesky "insurgents" who were rudely blowing up and shooting foreign soldiers invading their homeland without just cause.

I watched, perched on my sofa, sandwich forgotten halfway to my slackjawed mouth at the footage.
The helmet-cam awesomeness of watching "Our Boys" shoot darkies in pitched street battles!!!
Seeing Marines blast houses from distance with grenades and groups of 4-5 soldiers laying down furious fire into a window!!!
Shaky, jerky footage of heroes ducking down alleys and screaming at the cameraman to move!!!
It was like Tony Scott had joined ITN/SKY/CNN/FOX and was directing this for my low-attention-span benefit.
It was fantastically sexy and dangerous, I could enjoy our storming victory from the comfort of my sofa.
It was in no way propaganda, bombing my sense with footage of brave soldiers opening fire everywhere.
There was no agenda in repeatedly showing this footage with commentators talking about "securing the city against Insurgents" etc etc.
News report after report. Bulletin after bulletin.
We watched and got a nice little freedom-boner from watching the "LIVE FROM THE BATTLEFIELD!!!!" actioncam dangersex footage.

Lead story on every network.
Whipping us into a Patriotic, Christian sense of fighting "Evildoers" (the actual words from Bush).
We were "fighting back" against "terrorists" (we won't discuss the theory of how a terrorist is a terrorist when defending his/her own country from forgeign insurgency...whoops, I mean liberation. LIBERATION!!!).
There was much flag-waving rhetoric from Army men, newscasters and "experts".
Dominating the news.

Oh, until the footage of a Marine shooting an injured, unarmed man in a Mosque and saying "He's gone".
That was shown quite a bit (not on Fox though strangely, or Sky).
And suddenly we weren't quite so Crusading and heroic.
People went "Huh? Shooting an unarmed and injured man and boasting to his mates immediately afterwards? Hang on a minute..."
And then reports of Iraqi soldiers being discovered bound and shot in the back of the heads.
This is...surely we can't...I mean...we don't do this do we?

SMOKING BAN!
HUNTING BAN!
And just like that *puff of smoke* there was no Fallujah or Iraq stories being splashed over bulletins.
Nope, suddenly everybody is angry about smoking bans.
Banner headlines and lead news stories.

Yeah, because we're just that stupid we'll forget and get easily manipulated and outraged about a non-issue in a transparent attempt to stop us getting riled up when the footage suddenly isn't a blatant "We're winning against Evil!!!" show.
Mon 29/11/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Catch it!"
what
Mon 29/11/04 at 20:25
Regular
I loved that war footage man, I was watching it naked with a huge boner and a cheeseburger perched on the end of it. That burger was 4 inches thick, no god damn lettuce, no sauce, just 100% dead cow. You know why vegetarians are such joyless sour faced malcontents? Because egg plant tastes like egg plant, but meat tastes like murder and murder tastes pretty god damn good, doesn't it?

How would you like your steak sir? Bloody as hell !!!! .... in fact, to hell with that, just bring a live cow over to the table - I'll carve off what I want and ride the rest home!!

----

Get with the programme, the quicker we waste these evil third world Iraqis, the quicker we can move on to the next unfortunate nation that shoots the 'USA led "coalition"' a fleeting disobedient glance. Don't forget the ones over here - just last week I saw a group of Muslims attending a Mosque. The fact that several of them were as white as me and two were good friends of mine, couldn't distract me from the fact that they were all clearly sons of satan plotting to destroy the good christian world. George Bush told me so, as did his glove puppet, not to mention those honest hardworking folks of the nations newspapers. It's clear that someone needs to press a button. We didn't get a chance to unleash our arsenal on the Soviets, lets get em cracked open for this new 'threat'. It'll be a blast.

----

*sigh*, it'd be funny if it wasn't true.
Tue 23/11/04 at 16:23
Regular
Goatboy wrote:
> (not on...Sky).

It was I believe, as that's where I first saw it.
Tue 23/11/04 at 14:57
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Most ironic piece of film I've seen on Iraq was a few soldiers in a mess, asleep, with the radio playing Sleep Now In The Fire. Works on plenty of levels methinks.
Tue 23/11/04 at 14:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I saw Fahrenheit 9/11 on Friday. The footage of the soldiers in Iraq really highlighted the downright stupidity of their group behaviour.

"We play this song, the roof is on fire, the words is we don't need no water let the mother###### burn, burn mother######, at the time it was like us, we wanted Baghdad to burn"

You could tell he was thinking "This seemed cool and funny with the guys, but when I'm on my own in front of a camera I feel like an idiot." That's because he was an idiot.

Also seeing the men having fun with dead bodies, and having pictures taken with hostages as if they were at Disneyland etc., it all brings a sour taste to the mouth. A better show of group idiocy you couldn't ask for.
Tue 23/11/04 at 12:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Find the front cover of the NYP from last week, or one of them rather -

Soldier, dirtied face, fag in mouth - "SMOKIN'! Our boys kick butt in Fallujah'

I swear that's a Murdoch paper too.
Tue 23/11/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Now I'm even more depressed.
Tue 23/11/04 at 12:48
Regular
Smoking and Hunting was last weeks news.

This week it's

I'M NOT A CELEBRITY GET ME OUT OF HERE HIGHLIGHTS!!!!!1

I mean, who gives a damn about this trash?

They make it seem more important then what's going on in the current international conflict.
Tue 23/11/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
From the cameraman who shot the footage (if you'll pardon the poor taste pun)

[URL]http://www.kevinsites.net/[/URL]

I find it difficult to say that this is a situation unique to this war; I have a hunch it's something that has happened since one monkey picked up a rock to hit another monkey with it. But I do take grim satisfaction from seeing the whole retarded idea of this being the good, christian white men fighting the evil, towel headed, heathen brown men shown as the simplistic piece of spunkwittery that it is.
Tue 23/11/04 at 11:08
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I was enjoying that Hollywood actionspectacular of the Fallujah assault when it broke on the news.
Finally, our heroic liberators would stomp on those pesky "insurgents" who were rudely blowing up and shooting foreign soldiers invading their homeland without just cause.

I watched, perched on my sofa, sandwich forgotten halfway to my slackjawed mouth at the footage.
The helmet-cam awesomeness of watching "Our Boys" shoot darkies in pitched street battles!!!
Seeing Marines blast houses from distance with grenades and groups of 4-5 soldiers laying down furious fire into a window!!!
Shaky, jerky footage of heroes ducking down alleys and screaming at the cameraman to move!!!
It was like Tony Scott had joined ITN/SKY/CNN/FOX and was directing this for my low-attention-span benefit.
It was fantastically sexy and dangerous, I could enjoy our storming victory from the comfort of my sofa.
It was in no way propaganda, bombing my sense with footage of brave soldiers opening fire everywhere.
There was no agenda in repeatedly showing this footage with commentators talking about "securing the city against Insurgents" etc etc.
News report after report. Bulletin after bulletin.
We watched and got a nice little freedom-boner from watching the "LIVE FROM THE BATTLEFIELD!!!!" actioncam dangersex footage.

Lead story on every network.
Whipping us into a Patriotic, Christian sense of fighting "Evildoers" (the actual words from Bush).
We were "fighting back" against "terrorists" (we won't discuss the theory of how a terrorist is a terrorist when defending his/her own country from forgeign insurgency...whoops, I mean liberation. LIBERATION!!!).
There was much flag-waving rhetoric from Army men, newscasters and "experts".
Dominating the news.

Oh, until the footage of a Marine shooting an injured, unarmed man in a Mosque and saying "He's gone".
That was shown quite a bit (not on Fox though strangely, or Sky).
And suddenly we weren't quite so Crusading and heroic.
People went "Huh? Shooting an unarmed and injured man and boasting to his mates immediately afterwards? Hang on a minute..."
And then reports of Iraqi soldiers being discovered bound and shot in the back of the heads.
This is...surely we can't...I mean...we don't do this do we?

SMOKING BAN!
HUNTING BAN!
And just like that *puff of smoke* there was no Fallujah or Iraq stories being splashed over bulletins.
Nope, suddenly everybody is angry about smoking bans.
Banner headlines and lead news stories.

Yeah, because we're just that stupid we'll forget and get easily manipulated and outraged about a non-issue in a transparent attempt to stop us getting riled up when the footage suddenly isn't a blatant "We're winning against Evil!!!" show.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.