GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Brief Moment of Insanity - What was I thinking/doing?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/11/04 at 22:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Yet another offering from myself. Can't say it's the most inspiring thing I've ever made, and yes, the client wanted it to look that boring! They're chemists aferall!!

This one WONT be in the portfolio!

[URL]http://www.endeavourchem.co.uk/[/URL]

Am chuffed with products.asp. Took ages to get those structure images to generate dynamically. ASP still sucks!!
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:44
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Yet another offering from myself. Can't say it's the most inspiring thing I've ever made, and yes, the client wanted it to look that boring! They're chemists aferall!!

This one WONT be in the portfolio!

[URL]http://www.endeavourchem.co.uk/[/URL]

Am chuffed with products.asp. Took ages to get those structure images to generate dynamically. ASP still sucks!!
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:52
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I like the space on the left, you can stick post-it notes there!
Mon 22/11/04 at 22:54
Regular
Looks pretty good if you ask me (although I must agree it's not exactly 'inspiring')

On one of the pictures (at the top), some guy looks like he is snorting cocaine.
Mon 22/11/04 at 23:31
Regular
"bing bang bong"
The drop-down menus are broken in Opera 7.51. The main headings ("Research Chemicals & Intermediates" and "Aroma Chemicals") sit on top of each other, rather than side to side.
Tue 23/11/04 at 00:36
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Miserableman wrote:
> The drop-down menus are broken in Opera 7.51. The main headings
> ("Research Chemicals & Intermediates" and "Aroma
> Chemicals") sit on top of each other, rather than side to side.

I never test for opera, dunno why, maybe due to not knowing anyone who uses it, really should, but it's worse that IE with all the versions about and the varying ropey support it has for CSS and standards.
Tue 23/11/04 at 01:01
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The product images are fantastic, quite handy to look up the functional groups as well.

*Bookmarks*
Tue 23/11/04 at 08:56
"Are you sure?"
FYI...

The validation from a blank contact FORM produces an HTTP 500 Internal Error.

When mousing over the Aroma Chems. navigation on IE 6 @ 1024 it causes a horizontal scroll bar to be added.

For usability most people expect to be able to click on the top logo/header to get back to the home page.
Tue 23/11/04 at 09:12
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
On Ie, the site content seems to be right justifed.

On a 1024 x 768 monitor, nearly half of the page is whitespace.

Intended? Just seems as if the "flow" of the pages are a little odd. :)
Tue 23/11/04 at 09:14
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
cookie monster wrote:
> The product images are fantastic, quite handy to look up the
> functional groups as well.
>
> *Bookmarks*

Lol, I now feel it was worth the effort. Have to say though, thank god 8:3 file naming conventions have dies otherwise;

"Lawesson's Reagent (2,4-Bis(4-methoxyphenyl) -2,4-dithioxo-1,3,2,4-dithiadiphosphetane).gif"

would have been a real problem!;)
Tue 23/11/04 at 09:17
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Pandaemonium wrote:
> On Ie, the site content seems to be right justifed.
>
> On a 1024 x 768 monitor, nearly half of the page is whitespace.
>
> Intended? Just seems as if the "flow" of the pages are a
> little odd. :)

unfotunatley, intended.

After showing the company the concepts, they ditch the nice two for this one, it was only after that I suddenly realised this would cause issues with the LHS of the page and the ammount of white spabe in some areas.

Quite liked the idea or a rught aligned page, makes it more natural for RH users oddly enough, but did spend ages trying to explain to them that "Yes, White space is good, but No, not that much".

This is just phase one, too almost 6 months to get this far and they're happy with what they got. Phase 2 starts in April, but fingers crossed, I'll be gone from here by then.

I really should unblock Hmmm... Feel I might be missing out on his great words of wisdom?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.