GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Wireless DS and Pokemon Fire Red..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pokemon Fire Red'.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:12
"Majestic"
...Yeah, my little brother, wants to know if he can link 2 DS's up with Pokemon Fire red and Leaf green, because they come with SP wireless adapters anyway...

...I know that two ordinary GBA SP games cannot be linked on the DS but surely Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are different?

As i say, its my brother who wants to know, yeah, that's right, my brother...

Thanks.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:12
"Majestic"
...Yeah, my little brother, wants to know if he can link 2 DS's up with Pokemon Fire red and Leaf green, because they come with SP wireless adapters anyway...

...I know that two ordinary GBA SP games cannot be linked on the DS but surely Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green are different?

As i say, its my brother who wants to know, yeah, that's right, my brother...

Thanks.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:26
Regular
"bit of a brain"
No I don't think they can. The multiplayer thing will be a hardware issue - the DS GBA hardware doesn't have the capability for multiplayer. You could always try it, but I doubt it would work. Then again the reason you can't play multiplayer may just be that there isn't a link lead hole in the DS.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:28
"Majestic"
Yeah, i know - but i was hoping the wireless factor (on the DS) could get round this - as fire red and leaf green support wireless via the adaptor.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:29
Regular
"bit of a brain"
The only way to find out would be to try it, but I suspect it wouldnt work.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It's a good question, and I can't see why not.
Thu 23/12/04 at 19:35
Regular
"-_-"
Heavily doubt it....unless the wireless adapter on GBA uses the same frequency wi-fi as the on on DS. Although i dont know if the wireless apater for GBA uses wi fi...
Thu 23/12/04 at 20:50
Regular
"tokyo police club"
THink about it - the wirless communicator has nothing to do with the console - it's basically an add on.

Very tempting to try it out.
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:28
"Majestic"
Well if you do test it out, be sure to post your results - it would be nice to know...
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:35
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Where does the wireless attachment fit on though? Because if it fits to the GBA then it probably won't work as the DS doesn't have the same ports. Aha!
Fri 24/12/04 at 12:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It fits into the GBA slot as far as I'm aware.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.