GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The third place?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/05/01 at 19:18
Regular
What do you actually think of the Playstation2.
Is it what you expected or hoped for?
Sun 20/05/01 at 20:18
Regular
adrian wrote:
> Kid Rock, Syphon Filter 3 is on the PS1, not PS2. X-Box will have
> some great games on it. They are planning a special X-Box only
> version of MGS. They have DoA3, Halo, and a few other good games
> confirmed.
All the games you listed in your PS2 list arent out,
> and wont be out til late this year. Some of the titles I havent
> really heard of e.g. Mummy Returns and Matrix. They may have the
> rights to them but will they actually be out before the end of the
> year. Also movie till in games usually end up being very poor
> indeed.
I dont think you are giving the X-Box a chance. The raw
> power of the console is better than the PS2, its main graphics chip
> is the Geforce 3. Good game will come out for the X-Box as there are
> quite a few good ones already being made. Dont forget the PS2 didnt
> have many good games at launch, well there were a few good games but
> nothing that was really special. I had my PS2 at launch and got TTT,
> RR5 and TS. Then my next new game was Z.O.E when it was released,
> then I got SoM and Starwars.
I know that the PS2 is good its very
> good and has some of the best games coming out this year. But give
> the X-Box a chance, I dont want Microsoft to completely take over
> the market like thay have with PC's. But I think if Sony, Nintendo
> and Microsoft all do well then its better for us.

yes but it is also on ps2 later in the year just check games master magazine dropship looks good
i would like to see all of them start of well and then PS2 take over like the champion that it is
Sun 20/05/01 at 10:55
Regular
Nintendo's gamecube is no match for even sega,s dreamcast. Their launch day keeps on sliping and it looks like us in the uk are going to get their next-gen console probably the end of next year or 2003. Infact they are cowards thats why their launch day keeps on sliping. The only competition for xbox is the Ps2 because by the time xbox is launched there will be good quality games on Ps2.

One question, what would you get by then? Final Fantasy 10 on the Ps2 or the Xbox. I would go for the Xbox version. This also goes for other games that will be on both these consoles.
Sun 20/05/01 at 09:03
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kid Rock, Syphon Filter 3 is on the PS1, not PS2. X-Box will have some great games on it. They are planning a special X-Box only version of MGS. They have DoA3, Halo, and a few other good games confirmed.
All the games you listed in your PS2 list arent out, and wont be out til late this year. Some of the titles I havent really heard of e.g. Mummy Returns and Matrix. They may have the rights to them but will they actually be out before the end of the year. Also movie till in games usually end up being very poor indeed.
I dont think you are giving the X-Box a chance. The raw power of the console is better than the PS2, its main graphics chip is the Geforce 3. Good game will come out for the X-Box as there are quite a few good ones already being made. Dont forget the PS2 didnt have many good games at launch, well there were a few good games but nothing that was really special. I had my PS2 at launch and got TTT, RR5 and TS. Then my next new game was Z.O.E when it was released, then I got SoM and Starwars.
I know that the PS2 is good its very good and has some of the best games coming out this year. But give the X-Box a chance, I dont want Microsoft to completely take over the market like thay have with PC's. But I think if Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft all do well then its better for us.
Sat 19/05/01 at 21:08
Regular
Jive wrote:
> I don't see the point in having "console wars" arguments,
> I used to take the micky out of a mate of mine after I bought my PS
> just after launch day 5 years ago, he then went out and bought a
> Saturn!

3 months later he'd gone out and bought a PS which didn't
> surprise me but I have now got to the point where I just think that
> if people go out and buy a console then they've made their choice
> and should stick with it.

If they think they've made a wrong
> decision then they should be the ones to rectify it, if they're
> happy with it then so be it!

Although I've never played or really
> paid any attention to the DC console it probably is much better
> graphically etc than the PS but now I just don't care....I'm happy
> with what I've got (PS and PS2) and think that Sony have done a
> great job and also the software developers!

I have found the third place it is in my shed but i have two so i cant remember which one it is in
Sat 19/05/01 at 20:42
Regular
|PS3 just to clear it up will be six teen play station twos put to gether but it WILL NOT be out un till at least 2006
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:20
im getting sick of all these consoles coming out. what made me puke was when i ordered my ps2, i was waitinfg and somewhere i read sony are planning ps3.
what do the tv adverts mean when they say third place anyway?
kidrock:youu were right, no good games coming out on x-box. the console dont sound that good anyway. i remember more than a year before ps2 came out people were talkin about it and no1 ever says anything about x-box. unless you talk in one of the gay x-box rooms(dont say i do because i only go to say bad things)
Sat 19/05/01 at 16:10
Regular
can some one please name one game that you know is going to be a big hit on the x-box any one...........good didnt think so and you know the simple reason is pure and simple (nope nothing to with hear say) there is not one damn game that will make you say i want to buy a big bungalow with a non light-up-a-ble green boogy in the middle where as by the time x-box gets over here in britain us PlayStation2 owners will be enjoying metal gear solid2 grand theft auto 3 red faction 2 jet set radio the getaway shenmue wwf smack down 3 metroploitan street racer commandos 2 project Y warcraft 3 sython filter 3 herdy gerdy ssx 2 the matrix wipe out fusion mummy returns escape from monkey island crash bandicoot 4 alone in the dark devil my cry head hunter iis pro evoulution star wars online 007 agents under fire the list could go on for ever and what will x-box have project gothem munchs oddeyse WOW lets get all excited well you get my point
Sat 19/05/01 at 15:28
Regular
Nomad wrote:
> I think the PS2 is great, however I was never really a fan of PS1's,
> didn't think it was anything special. But then I was bias, I still s
> l a g PC's off in favour of Amiga's at times.

I must say when I
> herd of the X-box I wanted one, but wasn't prepared to wait till
> spring 02

nor was i i wanted one but the release date is ages away what are we meant to do between then and now sit and watch as metal gear solid 2 gran turismo 3 and red faction all go sailing past not to mention grand theft auto 3 the best game ever
Thu 17/05/01 at 15:04
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
I don't see the point in having "console wars" arguments, I used to take the micky out of a mate of mine after I bought my PS just after launch day 5 years ago, he then went out and bought a Saturn!

3 months later he'd gone out and bought a PS which didn't surprise me but I have now got to the point where I just think that if people go out and buy a console then they've made their choice and should stick with it.

If they think they've made a wrong decision then they should be the ones to rectify it, if they're happy with it then so be it!

Although I've never played or really paid any attention to the DC console it probably is much better graphically etc than the PS but now I just don't care....I'm happy with what I've got (PS and PS2) and think that Sony have done a great job and also the software developers!
Sun 13/05/01 at 17:21
Regular
It`ll be interesting to see how console wars unfolds, however, I see little point in arguing about it until another console is released.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.