GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Form Mail and Outlook Vs Outlook Express"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/11/06 at 18:08
Regular
A quick question when using the form mail supplied by freeola, its working a treat! but a wee snag has appeared, in Outlook express messages that arrive from the php form there is a clickable email link so you can reply to the persons email, in Outlook this link is not clickable? any idea how to fix that wee snag?

Alos if you just hit reply it wants to send it to an entanet email address?

Kind Regards
Kev
Fri 24/11/06 at 18:08
Regular
A quick question when using the form mail supplied by freeola, its working a treat! but a wee snag has appeared, in Outlook express messages that arrive from the php form there is a clickable email link so you can reply to the persons email, in Outlook this link is not clickable? any idea how to fix that wee snag?

Alos if you just hit reply it wants to send it to an entanet email address?

Kind Regards
Kev
Fri 24/11/06 at 18:31
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I think Outlook Express doesn't allow HTML or clickable links by default, so as to protect against bogus links. If you were to click on view and select Message in HTML, the email address would become clickable.

If you want the default reply email address to be the persons who filled in the form, try renaming the form element for their email address to from, and the PHP script should set that as the from address.
Fri 24/11/06 at 18:45
Regular
Outlook Express is fine its outlook that isnt allowing the clickable link. I will see if I can find that option in Outlook.

cjh wrote:
> I think Outlook Express doesn't allow HTML or clickable links by
> default, so as to protect against bogus links. If you were to
> click on view and select Message in HTML, the
> email address would become clickable.

will this be on the form page? will go look now.
>
> If you want the default reply email address to be the persons
> who filled in the form, try renaming the form element for their
> email address to from, and the PHP script should set that
> as the from address.
Fri 24/11/06 at 18:49
Regular
this is the code I used

Example Form

Name:

E-mail: