GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Broadband monitor"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/11/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Anyone know of any software that'll keep track on my broadband traffic?

I'd hate to go over my monthly limit.
Wed 17/11/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Anyone know of any software that'll keep track on my broadband traffic?

I'd hate to go over my monthly limit.
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I asked this the other day, everyone ignored me.

:(
Wed 17/11/04 at 16:42
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
phi111ip wrote:
> I asked this the other day, everyone ignored me.
>
> :(

Looks like I'm getting the same here.
It's annoying, even my ISP is gnoring me. You would have thought that if you are going to be capped for traffic, there would be the facility to chech how much you are using!

I'd got (legal) media to download!
Thu 18/11/04 at 08:59
"Are you sure?"
Did some digging for you...

The ADSL Guide (www.adslguide.org) link to NetSpeedo which is a freeware app. that seems to provide what you want - [URL]http://www.cooltoys.org.uk/NetSpeedo/NetSpeedo_-_Home.html[/URL]
I haven't used it myself so can't recommend it, but the ADSL Guide is normally safe.
Have a read - and if you end up using it perhaps you could let people know if it's any good...
Thu 18/11/04 at 09:08
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Did some digging for you...

Cheers. May work. One problem might be "NetSpeedo currently only supports a limited number of ADSL routers" but I'll give it a try tonight.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.
Thu 18/11/04 at 10:55
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I downloaded a piece of software which monitored my bandwidth usage, as I was considering going for a cheaper capped ADSL service, and it was great, but I really can't remember which program it was, and didn't think a reply saying "don't know" would be very helpful.

I have no idea what the name of it was, nor what term I used to search for it, but I do know I got it from www.download.com [URL]http://www.download.com[/URL].
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bandwidth monitor Pro 1.23?
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:05
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
I'm a bit of a plum, as I took a quick look under my programs folder, and there it was, so I've uploaded it to my web space, [URL]http://www.chrisjhaig.co.uk/D2HSmall_bandwidth_monitor.exe[/URL] (2.2MB) and see if it's what you wanted.

It's very basic, but can give you a rough idea of how much bandwidth you're using - and it made me see that a capped service would be pointless, as I never realised just how much bandwidth is used up for even the smallest of things (viewing these forums appeared to be quite bandwidth hungry as well).
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:08
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
cookie monster wrote:
> Bandwidth monitor Pro 1.23?

That one might be a worthy alternative too.
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:13
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Cheers Again, all appreciated.

I've a 30gb cap so I doubt I'll hit it! I just like knowing exactly whats going on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.