GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Half-Life 2: Fire hazard"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/11/04 at 07:54
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Half-Life 2 will be activated today at 8am. Oh man. Steam is going to break so badly, it won't even be funny. It's gonna be a red sky in redbus (or wherever they're hosted).

Anyone have any thoughts about today's long-awaited release?
Fri 19/11/04 at 12:21
Regular
yer im still waiting
i thought id get the dvd rom rather than downloading. so i paid the extra expecting it to come on like wednesday or thursday however im still waiting even when i spoke to them they upgraded the waiting time to 3days which is today funny enough and it still aint arrived. so he said well we got to wait 15days how crap is that.
Tue 16/11/04 at 13:07
"I love yo... lamp."
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> NB do you have an ATI card? The memory errors were fixed in Catalyst
> 4.11 and they appear to only affect ATI cards.
>
> I used to get them early on with CS: Source but since the new
> Catalyst Driver and latest Steam update I haven't had it since.

Ah good point. Never thought of checking them. I think I might still be on 4.10s.
Tue 16/11/04 at 12:30
Regular
"NULL"
Tig, do you think the Uni would mind if I downloaded Half Life 2 over Steam? I've got the license for it. Also, will it work through the proxy?
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:27
Regular
Can't say I have had any problems. Played CS: Source late last night and didn't have any issues. May grab the 4.12 betas though, it was the memory fix that I updated the driver for.

Performance shouldn't be an issue though ;)
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:19
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> NB do you have an ATI card? The memory errors were fixed in Catalyst
> 4.11 and they appear to only affect ATI cards.
>
> I used to get them early on with CS: Source but since the new
> Catalyst Driver and latest Steam update I haven't had it since.

Warning. The 4.11 cause errors in Punkbuster enabled games including crashing, lag and freezing. I'm running the 4.12 Betas from ATi which has fixed this, buthave also been tuned for HL2/CS:S giving up to a 10% increase in performance.
Tue 16/11/04 at 11:07
Regular
NB do you have an ATI card? The memory errors were fixed in Catalyst 4.11 and they appear to only affect ATI cards.

I used to get them early on with CS: Source but since the new Catalyst Driver and latest Steam update I haven't had it since.
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:18
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I was watching a ping graph of steampowered.com this morning. It keeled over at about 8:09 for a few minutes, but I think it's better now.
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:03
"I love yo... lamp."
Halo 2 just happens to have the best multiplayer of any game I've ever played though. And it isn't done justice by an old P3 with only 64 MB of RAM.

I think I'll be playing Halo 2 more. Certainly until the first bug fix comes out for Half Life 2... It's throwing up some memory errors just now. Strangely, nothing else has lost the ability to read memory. And I now have work. Gah.
Tue 16/11/04 at 09:01
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tyla wrote:
> Anyway, despite that, today I am bitter... Stuck in the office, had
> to leave home at 7.50am so no HL2 for me until I get home at 7
> tonight!!

Snap. It's going to be a long, long day today.

Hehehehe.

"The forums couldn't handle the excitement and are taking a little breather. See www.steampowered.com for news. Thanks!"

What a suprise. :D
Tue 16/11/04 at 08:58
Regular
"l33t cs50r"
Notorious Biggles wrote:
> It would have been nice of them to have an announcement about what
> time in the news section of steam, as opposed to me just trying to
> load it every five minutes between midnight and 02:00.

It's 8am for the UK dear... There's been plenty of posts about this all over the planet including on the official steam forums where under the HL2 section there's a list of release times based on localization...

Anyway, despite that, today I am bitter... Stuck in the office, had to leave home at 7.50am so no HL2 for me until I get home at 7 tonight!!

Have concidered trying to play it over VNC, but have decided against it... May throw a fake "vomiting" incident at work in 20 mins and go home!;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.