GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"This is just getting ridiculous"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/11/04 at 00:32
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
I can't believe how strict referees and FIFA have got about goal celebrations. Why shouldn't a player be allowed to take off his shirt to celebrate a goal he's scored? Why shouldn't he be allowed to run up to the crowd and hug a fan?

You can clearly tell how happy these players are to score goal, but then to be carded for your celebration? Where is the need...?

Yeh ok, I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to provoke opposition fans or anything like that, and yeh that should produce a card.

But there really is no harm at all in taking off your shirt and running around waving it.

Anyone see the reasoning behind this? Isn't the shirt thing something to do with the time it takes to put it back on? :s
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:45
Regular
caveat wrote:
> im not azul

Azul is an adjective used on these forums quite often.
He wasn't calling you a name.

Duh.
Sun 14/11/04 at 17:03
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I'll only accept players not allowed to provoke fans, when fans are stopped from provoking players.
Sun 14/11/04 at 12:36
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Should take an example from ice hockey.

Allow a good minute or so for the fighting like they do in hockey and then step in.

But i agree the goal celebration thing is stupid, soon enough all players will be able to do is shake hands and walk back to the centre circle in a quiet manner. Let them run around whirling their shirts above their head ala Forlan style, then just start the match when he can't get it back on :-D

Some things though i can see the point in banning like Henry's finger to mouth gesture at White Hart Lane yesterday as that is just needlessly winding up the opposition fans and asking for trouble.
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:28
Regular
"\\"
I don't see why footabllers are booked for fighting. I find that FAR more entertaining than the actual game. They should be rewarded, not punished.
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:27
Regular
"The Red Shift"
The rulings stupid though.

Ammendments that should be made:

Allow players to raise but not take off their shirt.

Allow players to have writing on their vests.
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:25
Regular
caveat wrote:
> DW wrote:
> caveat, die.
>
> youd luv that wouldnt u necro-boy

Of course I would.
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:24
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Lil Bro wrote:

> Naybet's booking today was stupid. And if he was booked for that,
> Lauren should have been booked for provoking the Spurs fans.

Naybet submerged into fans...

Lauren didn't...

It's hard not to provoke the fans when you're playing away...

Besides Naybet "provoked" your fans aswell...
Sun 14/11/04 at 01:40
Regular
DW wrote:
> caveat, die.

youd luv that wouldnt u necro-boy
Sun 14/11/04 at 01:35
Regular
caveat, die.

Yeah, it's getting really stupid now. Didn't they also ban messages on shirts? That is also stupid...
Sun 14/11/04 at 01:11
Regular
hi lil bro lets chat

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.