GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box Time"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 10:30
Regular
Hello,
I recently got an X-Box and the first time I switched it on I had to input the time - no surprises there. Throughout the day I got my X-Box, I switched it on and off several times without having to input the time again. I switched it on the following morning and it asked me to put the time in again, so I did. I have just switched it on this morning and it has asked me to input the time again.
Does anyone know why it is doing this? Doesn't it save the time to the hardrive?
Thanks,
James
Sun 02/01/05 at 15:06
Regular
The time is now updated by Live. Ever since I got live it has updated my time for me.
Mon 27/12/04 at 19:19
Regular
My mod chip remembers the time for me.
Mon 27/12/04 at 18:41
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Meh, mine doesn't even do it when I unplug it.

Aren't I great/lucky.
Mon 27/12/04 at 13:32
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Yeah, its the mains thing. Happens to me when I take my Xbox over to a mates to play system link for example. If you turn power to it off then it asks for the time again. So, erm, just don't.
Mon 27/12/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
It's the one crap thing about the Xbox - it doesn't remember the time. No idea why this is, just a design flaw. Only time it really matters is making game saves, but it's an annoyance all the same.
Mon 27/12/04 at 12:42
Regular
Do you turn it off at the mains?

I have had mine for well over a year now and have not had to enter the time twice. On the other hand, my friend had to re enter his many times before I told him to stop taking the plug out.
Mon 27/12/04 at 11:49
"For the horde!!!!"
Well I resently packed up my PS2 and set up my Xbox again and I had to set the time and date as well, it don't prompt me to renter the date every time I play it though, purhapes your hard drive is faulty.
Mon 27/12/04 at 10:30
Regular
Hello,
I recently got an X-Box and the first time I switched it on I had to input the time - no surprises there. Throughout the day I got my X-Box, I switched it on and off several times without having to input the time again. I switched it on the following morning and it asked me to put the time in again, so I did. I have just switched it on this morning and it has asked me to input the time again.
Does anyone know why it is doing this? Doesn't it save the time to the hardrive?
Thanks,
James

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.