GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"In Half-Life 2...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Half-Life 2'.
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Selected"
Just finished this - thought it was excellent. But where in the hell were all the scary underwater shark-monsters??

Some of the scariest bits from the first one for me were the underwater sections - seeing the shadow of a giant man-eating mutent fish swimming around in the same water as me was quite distrurbing.

It's weird becuase near the beginning, when the teleportation things goes wrong and you start appearing in different places, one place is underwater where a strage worm thing tries to eat you...yet you didn't actually see them in the game!

So where were my sea monsters?
Tue 28/12/04 at 19:17
Regular
"Selected"
Just finished this - thought it was excellent. But where in the hell were all the scary underwater shark-monsters??

Some of the scariest bits from the first one for me were the underwater sections - seeing the shadow of a giant man-eating mutent fish swimming around in the same water as me was quite distrurbing.

It's weird becuase near the beginning, when the teleportation things goes wrong and you start appearing in different places, one place is underwater where a strage worm thing tries to eat you...yet you didn't actually see them in the game!

So where were my sea monsters?
Tue 28/12/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Titty biscuits"
gotta say, i was dissapointed too. Every time i was stuck in water i was waiting to be attacked, not sure whether to be hoping there wasn't one or wishing there was. Never happened though. Nearly cried.
Sun 02/01/05 at 17:25
Regular
Yeah, some of the most vulnerable-feeling moments in the original revolved around that shark. Trying to kill it as it surfaced momentarily, or just diving in and trying to track it, only for it to disappear into the murkyness to approach from a completely different vector so it can give you a big, wet, sloppy, lacerating kiss.
Sun 02/01/05 at 17:48
Regular
"Selected"
It was scarey as hell fighting that shark thing.

Thinking about it, there were far fewer alien types to fight in HL2. Those big-ass monsters with bee-hive gun things were missing for a start and there was a distinct lack of bosses aside from the two giant antlions. The game was more geared towards fighting combine which, frankly, just aren't scarey. At all.

Half-life 3: more monsters please. big ones.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:01
Regular
"the burning sky"
Yeah I would have liked to see some more of the aliens from HL1, and would have like a few more boss type battles. But its still an amazing game. DM is currently keeping me occupied :P
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:03
Regular
"the burning sky"
mikelar wrote:
> The game was more geared towards fighting combine
> which, frankly, just aren't scarey. At all.

Especially when they all look the same, got a bit monotonous at some points.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The aliens in Half Life where rubbish. "Oh no, not a sound dog, anything but that, please stop it with these scary aliens, I don’t think I can stand being pushed back a little by a wave of sound again, when will this terror end?”.

The human enemies are much better, because they are intelligent enough to pose a threat. They dodge, flank and manoeuvre, not like the rubbish aliens who dive right at you with pitiful attacks. And yay, credit to Valve for not sticking in useless, pointless boss battles, the one thing that spoiled the original game. In fact the end boss battle of Half Life 2 was how all boss battles should be. A slightly more difficult bit that doesn’t force you into constant shoot, die, reload routines.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:35
Regular
"Selected"
yeah HL2 is brilliant. I just thought it lacked a little on the monster front.

What's DM?
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:36
Regular
"\\"
mikelar wrote:
> yeah HL2 is brilliant. I just thought it lacked a little on the
> monster front.
>
> What's DM?

Death Match.
Sun 02/01/05 at 20:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I haven't played HL2 for..ooo......about a month now.

I really don't enjoy it, despite its obvious greatness.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.