GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My afternoon with some spazzes"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/11/04 at 20:39
Regular
As part of some work experience for my Uni application I applied for some voluntary work with an organisation that cares for disabled and mentally ill kids. Yesterday afternoon I had my introduction into how it all works and what I'd be doing there.

Basically each worker is assigned one child and you just look after them for the session, and there's a big range of stuff to do. It's in a disabled school and has two very cool rooms, the soft room and the sensory room. The soft room is pretty self-explanatory; everything in it is soft and bouncy. I'm positive you could throw a small child around in there without it coming to any harm, a hypothesis I'm looking forward to testing.

The sensory room is better though. It's a dark room with cool mats and cushions, and it's filled with more varied and coloured lights than even the best gay disco, as well as a plethora of weird objects strewn about the place. It's totally awesome and worth working there for alone, with all the moving/flashing/strobe lights and dreamland like design it gives the impression of having taken much LSD and been given some fireworks to play with in a nightclub. It's not however, as I realised just in time, the best place to take the kid with epilepsy.

It's run by two older women, but all the workers there are around my age, which was a very welcome surprise. The younger older woman, who is mostly in charge of the kids and workers rather than admin, very much resembles Sharon Osbourne in appearance and that 'lets be enthusiastically nice to everyone' attitude. The kids aren't quite as spasticated as I was dreading, and there are two very nice girls my age who work there everyweek. Also, after four sessions I can be taken on and paid for my work if I wish.

Interesting facts:

All of the workers (only two males, including myself) have long hair.

All of the kids being cared for have short hair.

Which I think proves without a doubt, or any need for further testing, that longer hair helps keep disabilties and mental illnesses at bay.

My first proper session isn't until the 11th of December.
Sat 13/11/04 at 13:41
Regular
"I'm busy"
Had a funny title, thought i'd bring it back up again.

long hair keeps your brain warm, kinda overclocks it I guess
Mon 08/11/04 at 15:30
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Blank wrote:
> Haha, spazzes are eternally damned then?

They may look harmless enough with those almond eyes and protruding tongue, but behind that face there is evil there that does not sleep.
Mon 08/11/04 at 15:28
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Haha, spazzes are eternally damned then?
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:46
Regular
I'm convinced Heaven is just a bigger sensory room, and without the spazzes.
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:41
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I do a great impression of stephen hawking.
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:41
Regular
This sensory room sounds wonderful.
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:40
Regular
You'd pretend to be one if it got you in the sensory room.
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im allergic to spastics.

By allergic i mean driven to kill.
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:34
Regular
I need changing.

I lost muscle control flipping out in the sensory room.
Sun 07/11/04 at 22:33
Regular
I apologise for paying less attention to you, WS.
:'}

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.