GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please help with Games/Grahpics Problems"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 29/12/04 at 11:41
Regular
Can anyone help!!!! Having a problem with "America's 10 Most Wanted" PC agme. I have Win XP Pro, Geforce FX5200 128mb, my pc spec far exceeds the game requirements. I can install the game, but when I try to launch it, the screen flashes black, as if its adjusting the resolution, then goes back to the desktop. Cant get the game to work. Very frustrating. Any advice, other than tossing the game would be appreciated. I have tried it on a friends machine, with a lower spec, and it works. I have reinstalled windows, but that didnt help.
Wed 29/12/04 at 19:03
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
[URL]http://www.overclockers.co.uk[/URL] Try there forums, lots of very smart people who will know what to do, just ignore there imediate get a new card approach.
Sorry SR please don't shoot me!
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:25
Regular
They do, but dont have any kind of technical help, only shows what the game looks like. If you search google under the game title or manufacturer, all you get is PS2 version, not PC.
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:23
Regular
Had it on and off, neither work.
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:21
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
Well that sucks. I don't know then.
They got a website/forum for the game?
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:20
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
In the nvidia driver control panel thingy, have you tried turning off the refresh rate override?

Some games don't like it when a driver tries to force them to play on any refresh rate other than the default.

edit: okay, never mind..
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:19
Regular
Yes. I have tried it at all refresh rates that my monitor is capable of. Also tried different screen resolutions too. Did squat.
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:17
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
It sounds like a refresh rate thing really. I always used to get the same thing on Battlefield and that was fixed after I managed to change the refresh rate in a text file somewhere.

Have you got that little utility to alter the refresh rate of your monitor for different resolutions on Nvidia cards?
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:09
Regular
Installed latest nvidia drivers, as well as chipset, sound card etc. How sure are you that if I go out and get a new card, this will solve the prob? Obviously dont want to spend the money if I dont need to!!!
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:07
Regular
"\\"
Bob_The_Moose wrote:
> Tried getting the latest drivers from nvidia.com?

Yeah... That too... But it's still a crap card :P
Wed 29/12/04 at 12:06
Regular
"\\"
...it should. However it won't. Because it really is a crap card. I'd recommend another one, but I don't know what is good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.