GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The exterior of PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/05/01 at 18:41
Regular
How does everyone think the PS2 looks?

Personally, at first it looks pants, but it kinda grows on you. When you hold it for the first time, it looks quite a lot better than the zillions of pics in the mags.

Oooh, who saw PSM's first mock-ups of the PS2? Does anyone remember their favourite, the silver one with loads of buttons and an LCD display on top?

That was cool
Fri 11/05/01 at 18:41
Regular
"CYA GUYS"
Wookies right, it doen't matter whats on the outside but the inside that counts. That sounded a bit feminin but we all learned something today. I think.......
Fri 11/05/01 at 17:25
Regular
"Back For Good"
I think the ps2 looks great,it's black and fits in with my tv and minidisc player,the lights are sweet on it too.I use it flat because it's easier to handle and saved me a tenner in a stand.the only thing that bugs me is the text of the side which is wrong if flat But under a tv it looks great.
Hey at least it doesn't have a big pokemon furball on the side!! look at it that way
Fri 11/05/01 at 16:41
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I thought the PS2 was rubbish(In looks) when I first saw it in a mag. The look grew on me and now I think it looks great. I know you dont look at the console when playing(I do cuz iam very clever and can play games with out looking :P) but it just goes well with everything, it doesnt look like other consoles have before hand. Everything has been enginered to look good and be practical. I love the buttons on the fron and the front loading tray, also the little logo that can be changed around whether the console is vertical or horizontal. I think the DC looks good as its very small, but IMO I would say the PS2 looks better, its just seems sleeker and its looks are a little spaced aged compared to other consoles.
Fri 11/05/01 at 14:16
"High polygon count"
But let's face it... when you're playing a game, what are you looking at? I'll bet it's not the console...
Fri 11/05/01 at 14:13
It's not the size, it's what you do with it. Or so I've heard.

PS2 looks OK to me, but I'm usually looking at the screen not at the box. It could really do with a Cylon/KITT style light on the front, to complete that retro feel.
Fri 11/05/01 at 10:57
Regular
"Complete Banker"
The PS2 certainly has a unique look, it looks very 'futuristic' and when it's vertical it looks even better - totally different to anything else!!!
In comparason to the other consoles: if it had looked like a DC, the it'd be too similar to the PSx. The GC looks pretty cool, and certaily stands out from it's competitors and as for the X-BOX, that looks massive and about as attractive as an early 1980's video-recorder!
I'm not meaning to slate the other consoles - it's important that they all look different from each other, and in my opinion the PS2 looks the best - especially standing vertical with a Sony vertial stand!
Fri 11/05/01 at 07:54
Regular
"~SRS~humpo"
it reminds me of the monolith in 2001 a space oddesey
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:43
Regular
Sorry about that. Computer froze and I double posted!
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:38
Regular
Vertical without a doubt. Go for the vertical and make it look even more "gorgeous".

As for the winning post, haven`t looked yet, but you said you were copying it out from somewhere, copying from where? If its something of your own then fine, but the competition is strictly supposed to be your own stuff.
Thu 10/05/01 at 21:38
Regular
Vertical without a doubt. Go for the vertical and make it look even more "gorgeous".

As for the winning post, haven`t looked yet, but you said you were copying it out from somewhere, copying from where? If its something of your own then fine, but the competition is strictly supposed to be your own stuff.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.