GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pantomime Auditions"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/11/04 at 17:22
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Yesterday, we had our auditions for the College pantomime, "Hans, the Witch, and the Gobbin".

Out of a class of forty-two, I was fourth to audition. We stayed in the theatre block, a rehearsal room, to practice while people were called into the actual theatre.

It wasn't long before I was told I had to go. I walked round and stood with my (fit) friend Kasia, as she waited to go in for her's. She was called in. Then the adrenaline started to kick in - I was next. I whispered my monologue to myself as I heard Kasia do a Gollum/Smeagol piece from "The Two Towers" followed by an unaudible song.

She left, we hugged, I breathed a heavy sigh.

Just a few seconds passed, and I heard one of my tutor's shout, "Thankyou, Hibey."

I walked in, there were three of 'em. All complete with bland expressions. I started, "Today, I'll be performing a monologue from the play "I Hate Hamlet" by Paul Rudnick; followed by singing "I Just Can't Wait To Be King" from "The Lion King".

"Just move back into the spotlight for us, please" was the response. Oh well, no time like the present. I began. When I finished, they thanked me and I walked out. A few mates were there waiting for their turn. They told me I did really well, I can sing evidently. Then I started getting the adrenaline shakes.

Today, we read through the scripts for the first time. It's a very funny play, and I'll have a lot of fun doing it. I put my name down for which particular characters I'm interested in playing, and we all found out ho gets what on Monday.
Mon 08/11/04 at 19:47
Regular
Nice one ;)
Mon 08/11/04 at 19:45
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Quite a few. Not as much as the lead or the villains obviously, but a fair share. It's very cleverly written, and very funny. I suggest anybody to read it.

And Kasia, got cast as the Gobbin. Whoo-hoo!
Mon 08/11/04 at 19:42
Regular
Well done Hibey, sounds like a very fun role.

How many lines you got to learn?
Mon 08/11/04 at 19:40
Regular
"For One Night Only"
We got cast today!

As there are forty-two of us, it has been double cast. There will be two different versions of the same show "Hans, the Witch, and the Gobbin".

So we have a blue cast and a red cast.

I am in the red cast, and I play the King's royal secretary, Scratch. It's a mint role. Very funny and just right for yours truly. We've already had our first scripted rehearsal of Act I. By Friday, wqe are to be off scripts.

YaY me!
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:55
Regular
"QPR 1974"
The Hibernator wrote:
> "Just move your hand a little to the left for us, please" at first I was
> confused, because I have previously only read this phrase within the
> comfort of an MSN Messenger conversation box.
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:41
Regular
Like Kasia?
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:41
Regular
"For One Night Only"
yarr wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> why dont you give her one?
>
> Because like Aoe said...

Are you still here?
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:40
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
yeah, it blew me away as well.
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:38
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Smooth... almost frictionless.
Fri 05/11/04 at 17:38
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> why dont you give her one?

Because like Aoe said...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.