GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Duct Tape"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Doom 3'.
Thu 30/12/04 at 22:27
Regular
[URL]http://ducttape.glenmurphy.com/[/URL]

Some of you may be familiar with it already.

Essential for Doom 3 in my opinion. The whole scary thing is great for a bit, but eventually not being able to see a damn thing gets tiresome.

This sorts out that problem by duct taping a light to your shotgun and machine gun. The light is brighter than the standard flashlight, but has a much more narrow beam, meaning you still get the pant filling quality that the game is famous for, and it therefore does not make the flashlight obsolete. It looks professional enough, not like some of the mods you stumble across.

Whoever had the idea that you shouldn't be able to see when carrying a weapon was off their tree. It's so much better this way, and it's still scary as hell if you're a sof' lad like me.

The only downside is that your saved games will revert back to the beginning of the level you were on, and the Quicksave is now named "str_07178" for no particular reason, which I can't change as the mod file is jibberish in notepad. Still, essential modification in my opinion. You might as well go and download it if you haven't already got bored of the whole going to hell thing.
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Thu 30/12/04 at 22:27
Regular
[URL]http://ducttape.glenmurphy.com/[/URL]

Some of you may be familiar with it already.

Essential for Doom 3 in my opinion. The whole scary thing is great for a bit, but eventually not being able to see a damn thing gets tiresome.

This sorts out that problem by duct taping a light to your shotgun and machine gun. The light is brighter than the standard flashlight, but has a much more narrow beam, meaning you still get the pant filling quality that the game is famous for, and it therefore does not make the flashlight obsolete. It looks professional enough, not like some of the mods you stumble across.

Whoever had the idea that you shouldn't be able to see when carrying a weapon was off their tree. It's so much better this way, and it's still scary as hell if you're a sof' lad like me.

The only downside is that your saved games will revert back to the beginning of the level you were on, and the Quicksave is now named "str_07178" for no particular reason, which I can't change as the mod file is jibberish in notepad. Still, essential modification in my opinion. You might as well go and download it if you haven't already got bored of the whole going to hell thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.