GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OPSM Starfighter review"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/05/01 at 15:52
Regular
OK, it's a PS1 mag, but the section is PS2. They gave Starfighter 6/10! They have *totally* lost the plot (not to mention about 150,000 readers) now.
Wed 09/05/01 at 15:52
OK, it's a PS1 mag, but the section is PS2. They gave Starfighter 6/10! They have *totally* lost the plot (not to mention about 150,000 readers) now.
Wed 09/05/01 at 16:15
"High polygon count"
Yep, I thought they were extremely harsh with it.

They mention slowdown - have you experienced any? I haven't!
Wed 09/05/01 at 16:24
Occasionally there seems to be a split second while there's some heavy disc accessing going on, but nothing related to the bare bones of the PS2 itself.
Wed 09/05/01 at 17:57
Regular
I`ve had none in One player, and only a little in two player (always on the canyon race).
Wed 09/05/01 at 18:48
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think that they're just jealous.

The only let-down is lifespan, but not much
Wed 09/05/01 at 19:20
Regular
"Whatever!"
6 out of 10 - Thats really bad. I think it deserves at least 9!!
I havent experienced any slowdown whatsoever, even when there are loads of vehicles on screen at the same time!!
Thu 10/05/01 at 09:28
Sorry to say that i was very dissapointed with starfighter.The graphics were wicked and there was no slowdown, BUT it was very repetative and could be completed in a matter of hours. Its the sort of game that has low longativity and i must say am now board of. sorry guys
Thu 10/05/01 at 10:36
Stupid question alert... Did you manage to open up all the bonus missions in a matter of hours?
Thu 10/05/01 at 20:59
No. I've only opened aboput 50% of them. I'm not to bothered about the rest because they not that good. If they were then they wouldn't be 'hidden' and so would be freely available.

This is just my view and you all have your own opinions. Im not the sort of person who likes replaying games to get all the hidden bonuses. I rather see a software company use that space to lengthen the game.

Star Wars is such a great film because of the personality of the characters and there storyline/life. Why not base the game on these characters rather than bring in new faces whom you'll never here of again??

Thu 10/05/01 at 21:05
Regular
If you tried getting all the gold medals you`d see that it isn`t all repetative. When I worked through them all, I found that there were many different tasks to do, of which some were very tricky. For example, on Midnight Munitions Run, one bonus mission is to destroy all AMTs, which sounds easy, except that depending on your altitude whilst flying through the canyons, you may well miss them all together. There are also extras such as destroying all the little miner droids which can be tedious but fun.

The bonus missions are great, though Space Sweep was a little hard at first. Then there are the bonus craft, including Infiltrator which is a very rewarding ship. Once you have earned it you can replay the other missions, and watch as it punches through the shields of enemy craft with ease.

I have put quite a few hours into it, and I still have 2 levels to go on difficult, so I think perhaps you have missed the true depth of the game.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.