GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BBC acquired the rights for FAMILY GUY Season 4 (and other shows)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/10/04 at 15:17
Regular
The BBC has acquired the rights to air three new comedy series in a deal with US broadcaster FOX.

The corporation has picked up the exclusive UK TV rights to new comedy American Dad, which follows typical US dad Stan Smith and his unique family as they strive to cope in a world that seems increasingly stressful.

Also included are the exclusive rights to season four of Family Guy and season two of Arrested Development.

"These three comedies have very distinctive takes on family life but they are all equally funny," said Sue Deeks, head of acquisition at the BBC. "We are delighted to be bringing them to BBC Television."
---

Do you think they'll pick up the rights for the other 3 series then? I thought Channel 4 owned them. So which is better, new (old for many) episodes of The Simpsons or brand spanking new Family Guy? I think it's a win for BBC.

Never heard of the other shows, anyone know of them?
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:17
Regular
The BBC has acquired the rights to air three new comedy series in a deal with US broadcaster FOX.

The corporation has picked up the exclusive UK TV rights to new comedy American Dad, which follows typical US dad Stan Smith and his unique family as they strive to cope in a world that seems increasingly stressful.

Also included are the exclusive rights to season four of Family Guy and season two of Arrested Development.

"These three comedies have very distinctive takes on family life but they are all equally funny," said Sue Deeks, head of acquisition at the BBC. "We are delighted to be bringing them to BBC Television."
---

Do you think they'll pick up the rights for the other 3 series then? I thought Channel 4 owned them. So which is better, new (old for many) episodes of The Simpsons or brand spanking new Family Guy? I think it's a win for BBC.

Never heard of the other shows, anyone know of them?
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:25
Regular
"0228"
I think Arrested Development is shown on Wednesdays at 10.00pm on BBC 2.
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:27
Regular
"I'm Great."
What about SkyOne? Have they not got the rights for season 4 family guy or are we just talking about terrestrial TV rights?
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:31
Regular
Family Guy
Terrestial TV
No adverts

Major w00tage.
Thu 21/10/04 at 15:35
Regular
This is indeed good news :D
Thu 21/10/04 at 16:04
Regular
Cid Vilante wrote:
> What about SkyOne? Have they not got the rights for season 4 family
> guy or are we just talking about terrestrial TV rights?

I'm not totally sure but "exclusive UK TV rights" so it could mean just the BBC. Which I don't mind at all be nice to have it on the BBC provided they put it on at a good time :). More people will be watching it as I don't have Sky anymore.
Thu 21/10/04 at 16:05
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
American Dad is the new show from the makers of Family Guy.

Which is great news.
Thu 21/10/04 at 16:40
Regular
I've been reading a lot of talk about whether BBC already own the rights to Family Guy seasons 1 - 3 and that Sky also own the rights but are not currently showing it. Eitherway it's still quite awhile as the 4th season is still in production.
Thu 21/10/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
So long as they show Family Guy, I'll be happy. It's nothing but hilarious.

"They give out prizes everywhere here; I put a dollar in a machine in the toilets and I won a balloon!"

Genius.
Thu 21/10/04 at 17:25
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I haven't trusted BBC comedy since they started dicking about with Seinfeld and Larry Sanders.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.