GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Tv, T & A"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/10/04 at 02:53
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Earlier this afternoon i was watching Countdown when the adverts came on, you know normal crap people want you to buy and i was ignoring them until one about some shower product came on and the reason i noticed was the very attractive woman who was completely @rse naked in said ad.
At what point did it become acceeptable to show as much flesh as possible at 3pm in the afternoon, i dont consider myself puritanical or a prude but it's a bit ridiculous, i know sex sells but on this occassion i can't tell you anything about the product at all so maybe they've missed the point.
I can see why they would argue for a naked woman with it being a shower product but i'm reminded of an ad for Special K i think which also had a very attractive women prancing around topless, now how is that relevant to the product, i dont know, i'm all for naked women but not at that time of the day when children would be watching, i just think something isn't quite right about this.
Opinions please.

EDIT I forgot to add, i actually got the feckin' conumdrum for once when no-one else did, yay me !
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:43
Regular
"SOUP!"
But they're too busy having sex to moderate it.

It's like a family guy clip.

"Patriot beer, if you buy it hot women will have sex in your back yard"
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:35
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, there's one where the woman is making groaning noises, but then her man-friend goes "Duuur, that wuz amasing!", even though he wasn't even in the room! Madness.

But sex has been used to sell stuff since forever, so there's no point bitching and whinging about it - we have TV watchdogs now to control what we can and can't watch.
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:33
Regular
"SOUP!"
The one that bugs me most is the Herbal Essences one where the women makes orgasm noises as she's shampooing.

I tried it and it didnt around me nearly as much as I assumed it would.
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:30
Regular
"Monochromatic"
eye'Aoe wrote:
> Flock wrote:
> i dont know, i'm all for naked women
> but not at that time of the day when children would be watching
>
> Yes... And you were watching Countdown!

I've already appologised for that

> Yeah. I'm sure there were literally tens of children watching.

I'm changing my mind, any kids that watch Countdown aren't going to see naked women for a long time, let them look i say.
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:25
Regular
"\\"
Flock wrote:
> i dont know, i'm all for naked women
> but not at that time of the day when children would be watching

Yes... And you were watching Countdown!

Yeah. I'm sure there were literally tens of children watching.
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:23
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
That's the one and only reason I would think of moving to France for. Naked breasts in TV adds during the day.

Come on ITV. We want bosoms!
Thu 21/10/04 at 22:18
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> And it does come across as prudish if you thought it was unacceptable
> to show vast amounts of attractive flesh during the afternoon.

It's not that i found it unacceptable but i thought it was questionable and i wanted to find out what other people thought about it.

> * Damn, now you've got me thinking of naked flesh. Must go take a
> cold shower *

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:21
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
the sagacious one wrote:
> By having a lovely piece of totty onscreen it also makes the chances of the > man, who owns the TV and is lord of his household (joke)

Why did you have to put (joke) at the end of the sentence? I was all ready to have a go and you took the wind straight out of my sails :D

The Special K add would never make me buy their cereal. I see the woman and think 'Forget it! I'll never look like that so I'll not bother with that product'

And it does come across as prudish if you thought it was unacceptable to show vast amounts of attractive flesh during the afternoon.

* Damn, now you've got me thinking of naked flesh. Must go take a cold shower *
Thu 21/10/04 at 14:11
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ssssssnickers!
Thu 21/10/04 at 13:57
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Light wrote:
> Can someone explain to me just when nudity became such a damaging and
> worrysome thing? What, did they find out that children turn into
> crack-addicted grannyrapers the very instant they get a glimpse of
> bare flesh?

I agree. By making something taboo, you make it desirable. Nothing wrong with the naked form. That said, I don't want adverts with "pop" shots in them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.