GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"He FINALLY admits it"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/10/04 at 20:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So Fergie has finally had the decency after years of needless tinkering with the United side to come out and finally admit his rotation policy has cost us games.

Thanks for stating the obvious Fergie, what next? *Beckham is a moron?* we all know your constant changing of the side has cost us results but at least you've finally admitting it now, but why has it taken you so long?

I've never understood why he keeps feeling the need to mess with things, especially when we're winning. Players like Smith get taken out the squad when they're in the middle of some hot goalscoring form, it's senseless. It doesn't matter if you're playing Arsenal or Halifax town you put out your strongest team possible to win the game. The only time you should be changing things is when a player is injured or banned (i won't say tired because these are meant to be athletes, if they can't play 3 games a week then there's something wrong with them)

Also throwing players in every 5 or so games and then wonder why they aren't producing. It's pretty obvious they won't perform as they can't just fit into a system right away, they need time to get settled in, get to know how their team mates implement it on match day and know what they're meant to be doing. Kleberson is probably the best example of this, one game every 5 or so then everyone complains when he doesn't produce the goods. It's not his fault Fergie is a moron who thinks Djemba-Djemba is better

Hopefully now this is the start of Fergie picking a winning team and bloomin sticking with it
Wed 20/10/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Roy Keane admitting he is a factor to blame for our poor start? I expect hell to freeze over before that ever happens.

I agree with the Neville comment, given the choice of him or O'Shea playing the holding role in midfield i'll choose Neville. He did a good job there a season or so back when Keane went missing, the highlight probably him keeping Arsenal quiet during the battle at Old Trafford and controlling the midfield. Why Fergie has suddenly gotten into his head O'Shea is a midfielder i'll never know.
Wed 20/10/04 at 11:39
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I'm pleased to see Fergie do the honest thing and own up to the fact that some of his tinkerings have cost the team points this season, but I still feel he's taking too much of it on all by himself.

What about the highly-regarded, long-serving players we grown to 'expect' from over the years?

Roy Keane. Ryan Giggs. Paul Scholes. What have they really done this season any more than Eric Djemba-Djemba or Kleberson, to merit their place in the starting-eleven?

We've all seen their below-standard performances - why can't they take some of the blame? Why can't Roy Keane come out and, for once, accept some of the blame on his shoulders, instead of questioning his team-mates' desire to get this club back ontop?

I know they are, for their positions, more or less, the best we've got - but, at the end of the day, it's the TEAM effort on the field that counts for the final result.

---

Fergie hasn't stopped the tinkering, either. Look at Liam Miller last night. A central-midfielder playing on the right-wing when we already have Ronaldo, Bellion, Fletcher and Eagles? Where's the sense in that?!

As for Alan Smith, it's all down to the Rooney deal.
I mean, when a club pays £30m for a player, especially when it's Wayne Rooney it's bloody hard to leave him on the bench, seeing what he can do.

And the same sort of thing applies to a player breaking goal-scoring records by the match. ;)

I'm one who feels our time has yet to pass us, but it is still passing at a very fast rate. :(
Wed 20/10/04 at 09:22
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Im really getting annoyed of late with Fergie's tinkering of the team. Last night he plays a O'Shea in central midfield and Miller, a central midfielder, out wide on the right and he was ineffective all night yet we were crying out for some width down the right hand side the he sent on Ronaldo for the last 10 mins......

Why doesn't he just play P.Neville in the centre of midfield (because thats why he sold butt and Phil iss more than adequate to play in there as a ball winner)

No doubt against Arsenal we will see further changes to the team which will see me pulling the remainder of my hair out. I don't see us getting much from the game this weekend.
Wed 20/10/04 at 08:04
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
one-eye wrote:
> Strikers who came and went without much success (in no particular
> order):-
>
> Diego Forlan
> Dwight Yorke
> Karel Poborsky
> Teddy Sheringham
> ...was Andy Cole another or did I dream it?

Get your facts right, please.

Poborsky played in midfield but was nevertheless not up to much. Sheringham had a few inconsistent seasons, but how do you explain the fact he was third highest goalscorer in his debut season (Despite Cole and Solskjaer, who were played more often) and top scorer for the team in 2000/1 , as was Cole in 1997/98, and Yorke in 1998/9 and 1999/2000?

Yes, they all ended up on poor form, but everyone gets old and tires out. You have to realise that when Sheringham, Yorrke and Cole arrived, they had all been playing professionally for some time, Cole and Yorke since the late 80s and Sheringham for even longer before that.
Wed 20/10/04 at 00:12
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
or†ega wrote:
> one-eye, Saha hasnt been playing becasue he got injured playing for
> France!

Now that I didn't know, thanks for setting me straight.

Still though, he won't pass the form he had at Fulham in my opinion - I think he'll join the list of strikers that just can't press the "goal" button when its needed often enough.

Rooney has quietened though I don't doubt he'll be consistant if Fergie keeps partnering him with Van Nistlerooy on a regular enough basis. Smith is still an unknown quantity for Man United in my eyes.

Strikers who came and went without much success (in no particular order):-

Diego Forlan
Dwight Yorke
Karel Poborsky
Teddy Sheringham
...was Andy Cole another or did I dream it?

I'm sure there's some more. I don't know if its Fergie, his squad rotation, the stadium (quite intimidating to play in I'm sure), or a combination of them all.
Tue 19/10/04 at 23:23
Regular
Butt wanted to go.

All good and well Fergie saying this, but then he goes and plays Miller and O'shea in central midfield?

Certain players have to be rested or they will burn out. Remember how young Ronaldo still is, and it doesnt help portgual playing him for the full 90.

one-eye, Saha hasnt been playing becasue he got injured playing for France!
Tue 19/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Kleberson is probably
> the best example of this, one game every 5 or so then everyone
> complains when he doesn't produce the goods. It's not his fault
> Fergie is a moron who thinks Djemba-Djemba is better

Fergie was a fool letting go of Butt.
Tue 19/10/04 at 21:57
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
I think he's only just admitted it now because Arsenal are clearly kicking seven shades out of everyone and his squad isnt what it used to be... there's potential liabilites across the midfield and defence and I think it was said by someone recently that there's players in the squad who aren't top notch spangly Premiership quality players.

Saha is one of them, did great with Fulham but he's not getting the games, maybe that's what it all comes down to after all.

Could you even argue Forlan would have been a lot better for United if he'd been given regular starts?
Tue 19/10/04 at 21:42
Regular
Hah. Fat chance.

Ronaldo was "rested". What a pathetic excuse like you say. If they want a rest why can't they sit a training session or two out?
Tue 19/10/04 at 20:29
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
So Fergie has finally had the decency after years of needless tinkering with the United side to come out and finally admit his rotation policy has cost us games.

Thanks for stating the obvious Fergie, what next? *Beckham is a moron?* we all know your constant changing of the side has cost us results but at least you've finally admitting it now, but why has it taken you so long?

I've never understood why he keeps feeling the need to mess with things, especially when we're winning. Players like Smith get taken out the squad when they're in the middle of some hot goalscoring form, it's senseless. It doesn't matter if you're playing Arsenal or Halifax town you put out your strongest team possible to win the game. The only time you should be changing things is when a player is injured or banned (i won't say tired because these are meant to be athletes, if they can't play 3 games a week then there's something wrong with them)

Also throwing players in every 5 or so games and then wonder why they aren't producing. It's pretty obvious they won't perform as they can't just fit into a system right away, they need time to get settled in, get to know how their team mates implement it on match day and know what they're meant to be doing. Kleberson is probably the best example of this, one game every 5 or so then everyone complains when he doesn't produce the goods. It's not his fault Fergie is a moron who thinks Djemba-Djemba is better

Hopefully now this is the start of Fergie picking a winning team and bloomin sticking with it

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.