GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Picture quality"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/05/01 at 11:19
Regular
I currently run my PS2 through the 3 way plug thing that goes into the front of the TV, I have tried my old ps1 scart but I couldn't see any difference. has anyone found anything that improves the picture on games/DVD's ? Thanks A
Tue 08/05/01 at 11:19
I currently run my PS2 through the 3 way plug thing that goes into the front of the TV, I have tried my old ps1 scart but I couldn't see any difference. has anyone found anything that improves the picture on games/DVD's ? Thanks A
Tue 08/05/01 at 11:28
"High polygon count"
For DVD's, the only way to improve the picture quality is to use an S-Video (also known as S-VHS) cable.

For games, the best quality is a acheived with a true RGB SCART lead. If your PS1 SCART lead gives you know improvement over the cable that came with the PS2, then it is not a true RGB SCART lead.

Bear in mind that true RGB SCART will give you green DVD playback, though. Your best bet may be the S-Video option.
Tue 08/05/01 at 11:30
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Is it a notable difference?

I use the lead that came with it, and there seems to be very little problem.
Looks crystal sharp to me, is this because I never experienced DVD before PS2?

Worth shelling out for a better cable?
Tue 08/05/01 at 11:40
"High polygon count"
I personally think the DVD is fine through the supplied cable. Games are much, much clearer through RGB though.
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:49
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You get significately better quality with a scart cable for games, and it also lets you run games at 60mhz (like DOA2).

Also, someone said if you have a TV with 2 scart sockets, you can use a SCART in the second socket.

I really don't think it works, though.
Wed 09/05/01 at 01:08
Regular
"Back For Good"
People expect the gold plated cables and simliar things to improve it loads.if the game is bad like moto gp omn the squares and all that the cable will only carry it clearly to your tv.
Like a record you can play it on the most expensive player availible but the quality of sound will just be a bit better.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.