GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"does any one like starfox adventures or f-zero"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'StarFox 64'.
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:33
Regular
"yo mah m8"
cmon people im interested in what you think of starfox and f-zero personally i like starfox .....
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:33
Regular
"yo mah m8"
cmon people im interested in what you think of starfox and f-zero personally i like starfox .....
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:43
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I got starfox, it's ok, there you can smile as i've answered your question :D
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:44
Regular
Starfox starts great and then gradually grinds down your mentality the more you play it. By the time you finish it you might well hate it.
With passion.

F-Zero seems pretty decent, but not a touch on the N64 original and seems a bit weird in Sega's Arcadey style. But perhaps it'll grow on me. :-)
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:45
Regular
"yo mah m8"
f-zero gx is a pretty decent game you get to make your own cars but it gets harder later on in stiry mode
Thu 06/01/05 at 07:45
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
I personally thought Starfox was superb but that was probably my sentimentality at the thought it would be Rares first and last game for the CUBE!

I must admit, I liked the N64 version of FZero more than the CUBE version. I honestly think that Extreme G 3 is better through! It is faster than FZero and the tracks are much better too.
Thu 06/01/05 at 08:23
"The Will of D."
I actually liked Starfox Adventures, and I don't exactly like RARE at all now, but good riddance to bad rubbish coz they wouldn't have made any decent games in the Cubes lifetime anyway.
What games have they made on the Xbox that you can actually remember because it was THAT good?
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:07
Regular
Starfox is one of the best games on gamecube, altho the ending is absolutly shoddy if you've played starwing and lylatwars.
I loved the N64 version of F-zero, knocking m8's off the edge was class, and the kind of cel shaded graphics were nice.
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:08
"period drama"
I got F-Zero for Christmas.
I was thinking "well, is that it?" after a short while.

That you have to buy each new story mission is just stupid.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:36
Regular
"0228"
PsYİHo FoX 19 wrote:
>and I don't exactly like RARE at all now, but good riddance to bad >rubbish coz they wouldn't have made any decent games in the Cubes >lifetime anyway.

I don't agree. Had Rare stayed with Nintendo then they may have been more willing to make another Banjo-Kazooie game because they know that it will sell well to Nintendo gamers where as it may not be as successful on the X box.

Also, staying with Nintendo would have meant they'd have access to Nintendo characters like DK and Fox and we'd be playing Donkey Kong Racing which looked quite good until it was scrapped (better than Donkey Konga anyway).

Basically, I think that Rare don't quite know what to do to keep the X box audience happy having worked exclusively with Nintendo for so long.
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:50
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I think that they were in trouble because their best creative talent all left to form splinter companies or work elsewhere. If they'd stayed with Nintendo then they could have gone the way of Retro and had Nintendo's creative input and manpower, and actually been able to make some decent games.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.