GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Saturday Morning Football"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 16/10/04 at 13:04
Regular
Won 8-0 this morning.

It should have been 9, but I scuffed a sitter.

*hits self with 'the' metal pole'

Anyway, pretty good game. Not many nutcases that want to kill me this time, like we usually play against.

So, how are we all?
Sat 16/10/04 at 13:04
Regular
Won 8-0 this morning.

It should have been 9, but I scuffed a sitter.

*hits self with 'the' metal pole'

Anyway, pretty good game. Not many nutcases that want to kill me this time, like we usually play against.

So, how are we all?
Sat 16/10/04 at 13:10
Regular
"gaybys sucks wang"
We all know you don't really play football at all and that, in fact, you never leave your front door.
Stop lying.

Who the hell plays football on a Saturday morning?
Sat 16/10/04 at 13:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I would play football for a club, and should have for several years, but I've always been held back by a knee problem and none-too-great eyesight.

Plus, I'm very lazy. =D
Sat 16/10/04 at 15:53
I wanted to play for my club when I was younger, even went there for a few training sessions but my mum insisted that I concentrate on my studies instead of risk getting injured.

I'm sure it'll come back to haunt her when my bones are too weak to take a passing knock because she didn't let me carry on with footy. Grrr.

She's OK though.
Sat 16/10/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Der Nazi wrote:
"...I've always been held back by a knee problem and none-too-great eyesight."
-----

You could always get contact lenses, couldn't you?
Even if you have got to be a certain age now, poor eyesight never stopped me playing football. It certainly didn't affect my game, either.
Something like this shouldn't get in the way of you doing something you love.

As for the knee thing, chances are, you'll grow out of it.
It's like a ligament strain, right? And, you also get pains below and around you knee-caps too, am I also right?

That's what I used to get, during my early/mid-teens. I had to cut-back on football because of it (well, that was one reason why I quit the team...). It's due to your body growing so rapidly and you excersising so much. It's quite a common thing in youngsters today. I guess... Some just try to ignore it? Anyway, you should rest it rather than 'rupture' it.

---

"Plus, I'm very lazy."
-----

Pah. You're only ever as lazy as you want to be - whatever you're doing. :I
Sat 16/10/04 at 19:38
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Blau wrote:
> Who the hell plays football on a Saturday morning?

Your mum, so shut up.
Sun 17/10/04 at 23:34
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Man football this morning was crazy.

Was always gonna be a tight game, and some 'incidents'. It all started when one of our players slid in on their goalie in an attempt to get the ball and basically studded him in the leg. Then they were clean through, our goalie poked his leg out, got the ball and studded their striker in the leg. Penalty apparently. Everyone went crazy shouting at the ref, it all went to their striker, and he missed.

Then play kinda calmed down and we went 1-0 up. Our captain ran down the wing with the ball and some guy just took a swing at him when he was beaten, and smacked him straight in the balls. Lucky to still have them. Yellow card for him, captain off.

We have a tiny wing back and he tackled their huge forward who went umbling to the ground, perfectly legal challenge, but their manager went crazy shouting at Jimmy, our wing back. To which Jimmy replied 'shut it' and we all laughed because he's about 2ft 2. The manager was running the line so from then on he gave every attack we had as offside. Ref eventually sent the manager off and made one of our dads run that line.

Then the big incident. They put a good ball in the air into our box and our goalie came to punch it, but infact took a huge swing at their huge striker and smacked him in the head. Penalty numbers 2, and our goalie got a yellow, genius. Once again loadsa trouble and onceagain, their striker missed, their manager absolutely blew his top.

So we managed to hold on until the last few minutes when we grabbed a second goal. Due to their manager being a c*nt with the flag, we decided when we scored next we would grab the ball and run it over to his feet to provoke him. He once again erupted and grabbed the guy next to me who ran over with the ball and chucked him on the floor. About 8 of your dads ran over and started pushing their manager. We all laughed.

End of the match came, we won 2-0. But it wasn't over then. We were all walking back to the car park and when we got there, out goalie swore at the ref saying he was a s**te ref and he was gonna report him. Lol the ref then tried to book him again, thus sending him off, our goalie laughed and cycled away. Then their manager came ove to shake our managers hand, but our manager refused saying something along the lines of he'd never seen such an assh*le incharge of a group of kids. What does he get for it? A punch in the stomach. So everyone runs storming over and there is literally a huge brawl there in the car park until one of their psycho centre back sticks a brick through one of the dad's cars. Everyone turns to look and the dad who's car it was ran over to the kid, quite literally picked him up and threw him down with such a force on the floor, where he gave him a kick in the ribs. They all crowded around their player and we drove off.

Most eventful match I've ever been in, and I was actuall quite scared, being marked by their psycho full back, kept getting remarks like 'im gonna rush you after the game', and 'score and ill beat the s**t out of you', he wasn't exactly small.

The end.
Sun 17/10/04 at 23:43
Best match report I've read ever.
Sun 17/10/04 at 23:51
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
*Highly Excitable* wrote:
> Your mum, so shut up.

*sigh*
Sun 17/10/04 at 23:52
Regular
"gaybys sucks wang"
AJ - teh MSN for a second.
Yus.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.