GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GCSE Art"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 20:08
Regular
Being excellent at drawing, I took on Art as one of my GSCE courses last year.

The course itself isn't that bad actually, and at the moment our topic is 'shoes'. Yes, it sounds sad, but at the end of the course we must have produced a sculpture of a weird and abstract shoe.

However, there is loads of homework which really pishes me off seeing as I have a very busy schedule during the week with after school clubs etc.

I've just finished another mammoth homework. Christ it can be annoying, and Art isn't just about drawing. It's also about painting, sculpting etc.

Anyone else here take Art for GCSE? Apparently the final exam is 10 hours long, which doesn't sound too pleasing :S
Fri 15/10/04 at 16:00
Regular
"Slice n Dice baby"
hey, i know the feeling! Im in upper sixth, and i did GCSE art two years ago.

i was the slacker in the group, i produced the least amount of work, 3 books over 2 years, none of them more than 3/4 complete, one under 1/2, and i was being told i was going to get a D. they kept going on about how its quantity rather than quality....

and how wrong they were. i got a B in the end, and some people who got the same grade had done 3 times what i did! I just did some amazing drawings and junk, and made it look really presentable, rather than just cluttering it up with cr*p.

my friends do Art A level, and they say its a b*tch, but they do dos subjects like drama and theatre studies etc so they have the time. i didnt want to do it A level cos of the amount of work you have to do.

then again im doing Biology, Maths and Chemistry....

good luck mate
Fri 15/10/04 at 15:13
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Speaking of Art exams apparntely Prince William/Harry (can't remember which one) cheated on theirs.
Fri 15/10/04 at 14:01
"Was the man of marz"
Crumble: Just keep in touch with your course work and your be fine. Just remember, every peice of work has to be finished, mounted and written about. By the way I got a D, because I didn't do the above properly. The final exam, unless art has changed since last year, is 10 hours over 2 days- which isn't as long as it sounds. Just keep focused, don't worry about the people round you (strange things happen in Yr 11) and get through it then focus on your dream of working for EA. People who try to put downers on your dreams are just jelous because they've missed the chance to do it themselves.

Random how they didn't give you graphics, my class last year had nine people in it, but the coursework with Art and IT was a killer
Thu 14/10/04 at 09:15
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Art was my life, all i ever did was draw, paint etc... i did GCSE Art and i remember it took forever! not sure on the hours cant remember. It was good though, got me in to art college and after 2 years i gave it up for a job. Yes i regret it now big time but hoping one day ill get back on track and make up for what i missed out on. I have my certificates for the 1st 2 years so that should get me in to something from Art, fashion, photography.
Thu 14/10/04 at 08:50
Regular
B

English Lit

C

English Lan
Science Double
Business Studies
Geography
German
Maths

E

RE

F

Art

U

Music (Teacher gave us the wrong sylibus...)
Thu 14/10/04 at 08:04
Regular
DW - what GCSE grades did you come away with?
Thu 14/10/04 at 07:44
Regular
Matt
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:13
Regular
Looking back, GCSE Art was easy.

AS Level art, you'll have a nice suprise as to the amount of work they expect from you.

Now onto A-Level, im struggling. They expect us to do art 24/7 and its rather stressful. Had a few arguements with the teachers lately because theyre expecting too much and contradicting themselves.

Gonna have a nice long chat tomorrow with one art teacher so he can point me in the right direction. Im not into all that 'throw some paint on a canvas and call it art, as long as youve documented why' malarky - which is why were having a hard time.

Btw, ive chosen those subjects you want to do at A-Level, crumble - Art, Tech & IT.

Oh and if you want to go onto Uni with art, you'll probably have to do a foundation year before starting uni.

Anyway, fancy showing us some of these 'excellent' drawings of yours?

:)
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:05
Regular
"you've got a beard"
i did art and it was all coursework, no 10 hour exam.. you get 10 hours to complete a piece of work but it's spaced over lesson time.

got an A i did :)
Wed 13/10/04 at 20:44
Regular
Thanks for the support Lil Bro. Much appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.