GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Chess Club"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 17:19
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Our school started the chess club today, so I thought I'd pop along and see if I'm still up to scratch. I haven't been in a chess club since '97 when I represented the year 6 team (seed 5) - despite being in year 3. However, in my 2 1/2 matches with a guy from the year above today - I prevailed both times and I'm eyeing up the one spot in January to the National Chess Championship to represent the school. And the organiser (from the Sith Form) is the former Under 18 British Chess Champion, so that's all good.

Truly the sport of Kings.
Thu 14/10/04 at 00:22
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> Forest Fan wrote:
> And the organiser (from the Sith Form) is the former Under 18 British
> Chess Champion...
>
> Is your school in a galaxy far, far away (and a long time ago)?

Hah, Trout, you crack me up.
Thu 14/10/04 at 00:08
"The Will of D."
When i went to Poland with some fellow Religous Studies AS level students the main entertainment of the hotel we stayed in for the week was this pretty big carved stone chess set, i played quite a few games and won most of them myself, but there was one challenging kid that had me on the ropes a few times, but in the end I managed to checkmate him to his suprise after i one by one took out all his remaing important peieces with little risk to my own. At first I thought I wouldn't win, but I was quite suprised myself that i prevailed as i'm usually not a master chess player.
Wed 13/10/04 at 23:56
Regular
I sometimes have games of chess with mates when I'm drunk.

It doesn't work - you need to be thinking 3 moves ahead, and the brain isn't forthcoming in that respect when you've killed half of it off with Kronenbourg.
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:40
Regular
"*Cristiano is mine*"
:O lol
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:37
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I remember playing chess one morning back in my school days. I played against a right a**hole who thought he was fantastic at it. He blundered and I was set up to take his queen. His friend hinted with a lame fake throat-clear what had happened, and he said he didn't mean to take his fingers off his piece. I resorted to the only option left, threw the board and it's pieces across the room into my evil geography teacher, and landing myself a detention.
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:30
Of course, it's all very wel playing chess when you're alert and in good mental ocndition, but have you school kiddies tried shot glass chess? Thought not, so don't brag unti you have.
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:14
Regular
"\\"
Chess?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAH AHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHA HAHHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAH HAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*wipes tear from eye*

Heheheh. Chess.

PROBLEM:
You have typed more most of your post in CAPITAL letters. Some people find this discourteous, as it gives the impression you are shouting, and is not allowed on these forums.

# PROBLEM:
You have typed more most of your post in CAPITAL letters. Some people find this discourteous, as it gives the impression you are shouting, and is not allowed on these forums.

# PROBLEM:
Wed 13/10/04 at 20:47
Regular
"Monochromatic"
phi11ip wrote:
> I just hate chess nuts boasting in an open foyer...

Well done, very clever :)
Wed 13/10/04 at 20:41
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
Flock wrote:
> How do you play it FF, i've always set up my defences and just wait
> for a mistake ?

Calculated attack. Every move I make has an attacking intent. Even if I'm losing, I'll still attack. I always calculate in my head the next say three or four moves so I can prepare the attack.
Wed 13/10/04 at 20:40
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I just hate chess nuts boasting in an open foyer...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.