GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gamecube Samecube?!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 17:45
Regular
Yet another installment in the Nintendo series, the Gamecube is set to arrive,...In about 10 years time knowing Nintendo. I suppose with the new-ish UK offices in Surrey we will see games a lot sooner in ratio that we did with the N64 but will the Gamecube be all that good?!

I am really not that sure, I mean people to date still prefer SNES's to N64's, but i suppose just in the same way people prefer PSX's to PS2's. But will the Gamecube end up further down the list?! The games in talks are sequels, Rogue Squadron, Zelda, Mario, Wave Race, Metroid. Okay so metroid is new in style but seriously, will these games offer anymore than their predecessors, or even their predecessors, predecessors?!

Same old link, fighting people, out to save the world. Bowser is back yet again, Mario kills him whoopie do. Look at me, my jet-ski has more polygons...not that you really noticed but it is a matter of principle....right?!

The Gamecube is definitely a powerful machine, comparable to the X-Box and PS2 by all means, but as history has shown, the console doesn't mean a thing, nor does the release date, as the Saturn was released before the PSX even if by a month or so. It is the games, and I think there will come a point where people eventually say "No!" to Mario and Link. I know they haven't with regards to Final Fantasy but each one is a new adventure, the storylines and characters even differ, but not so much the case with Mario.

I will get a Gamecube I like the games, I love the company and the idea of playing another Mario or Zelda is great...but surely this contradicts your previous point Game.....well not really as I am one in about 50 million people who play games...others may want new games, new genres and new characters.

I suppose I am getting a Gamecube partly because I am Nintendo Loyal, I wouldn't get a PS2, I don't like the company, the games won't include Zelda and Mario and above all they are in competition with Nintendo and as I said "I am getting a Gamecube partly because I am Nintendo Loyal".

The Gamecube won't really be the same.....there will be new games, veteran characters in all new adventures, and plus with all the 3rd party support what is to say that the Gamecube won't boast better versions and sequels to the games that made the PSX a success?!

Successful games, most of the time, are followed up by a sequel, Banjo-Kazooie, Metal Gear Solid, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure. The only reason games are successful is because people like them, and as a result they buy them. There were about 30-40 solid Games on the N64, from Mario 64 to Wave Race and Goldeneye to Zelda. There really is no reason for companies like Rare and Nintendo NOT to make sequels for the Gamecube. People want sequels for assurace of a good games. Okay so not all sequels are the best or even better than their predecessors but with Rare and Nintendo, as sick as you might be of hearing it, their sequels are bound to hit home.

"Rare have done it again" and "Nintendo Classic" sound all too familiar but at least them being familiar means that they continually make games that please. It has happened with the N64 and it will happen with the Gamecube. The games may be similar, especially to start off with but you can be guaranteed that they will be good.

MGS2 and GT3 are all well and good, but with those two being the only 2 MAJOR exclusives because of serious competition from Microsoft and Nintendo they haven't got enough backing to make a serious shot. MGS2 will no doubt take the PS2's off the shelves but you think that a Gamecube will over 15 release games won't?! Mario...full 3D...bigger, better adventure more of everything...Mario Kart 128...enough Said?!

So if you think that they will be the same old Nintendo games, especially to start off with, then you're probably right, but that is what I, and many other people love as Nintendo fans. And if you don't like it, fine, Get a Playstation 2 but with Rare, Nintendo, and more developers than you can shake your PS2 controller at do you really want to be on the OTHER team...

....Thought not...

Game: Hyping the Gamecube since E3 2000!
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:45
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yet another installment in the Nintendo series, the Gamecube is set to arrive,...In about 10 years time knowing Nintendo. I suppose with the new-ish UK offices in Surrey we will see games a lot sooner in ratio that we did with the N64 but will the Gamecube be all that good?!

I am really not that sure, I mean people to date still prefer SNES's to N64's, but i suppose just in the same way people prefer PSX's to PS2's. But will the Gamecube end up further down the list?! The games in talks are sequels, Rogue Squadron, Zelda, Mario, Wave Race, Metroid. Okay so metroid is new in style but seriously, will these games offer anymore than their predecessors, or even their predecessors, predecessors?!

Same old link, fighting people, out to save the world. Bowser is back yet again, Mario kills him whoopie do. Look at me, my jet-ski has more polygons...not that you really noticed but it is a matter of principle....right?!

The Gamecube is definitely a powerful machine, comparable to the X-Box and PS2 by all means, but as history has shown, the console doesn't mean a thing, nor does the release date, as the Saturn was released before the PSX even if by a month or so. It is the games, and I think there will come a point where people eventually say "No!" to Mario and Link. I know they haven't with regards to Final Fantasy but each one is a new adventure, the storylines and characters even differ, but not so much the case with Mario.

I will get a Gamecube I like the games, I love the company and the idea of playing another Mario or Zelda is great...but surely this contradicts your previous point Game.....well not really as I am one in about 50 million people who play games...others may want new games, new genres and new characters.

I suppose I am getting a Gamecube partly because I am Nintendo Loyal, I wouldn't get a PS2, I don't like the company, the games won't include Zelda and Mario and above all they are in competition with Nintendo and as I said "I am getting a Gamecube partly because I am Nintendo Loyal".

The Gamecube won't really be the same.....there will be new games, veteran characters in all new adventures, and plus with all the 3rd party support what is to say that the Gamecube won't boast better versions and sequels to the games that made the PSX a success?!

Successful games, most of the time, are followed up by a sequel, Banjo-Kazooie, Metal Gear Solid, Crazy Taxi, Sonic Adventure. The only reason games are successful is because people like them, and as a result they buy them. There were about 30-40 solid Games on the N64, from Mario 64 to Wave Race and Goldeneye to Zelda. There really is no reason for companies like Rare and Nintendo NOT to make sequels for the Gamecube. People want sequels for assurace of a good games. Okay so not all sequels are the best or even better than their predecessors but with Rare and Nintendo, as sick as you might be of hearing it, their sequels are bound to hit home.

"Rare have done it again" and "Nintendo Classic" sound all too familiar but at least them being familiar means that they continually make games that please. It has happened with the N64 and it will happen with the Gamecube. The games may be similar, especially to start off with but you can be guaranteed that they will be good.

MGS2 and GT3 are all well and good, but with those two being the only 2 MAJOR exclusives because of serious competition from Microsoft and Nintendo they haven't got enough backing to make a serious shot. MGS2 will no doubt take the PS2's off the shelves but you think that a Gamecube will over 15 release games won't?! Mario...full 3D...bigger, better adventure more of everything...Mario Kart 128...enough Said?!

So if you think that they will be the same old Nintendo games, especially to start off with, then you're probably right, but that is what I, and many other people love as Nintendo fans. And if you don't like it, fine, Get a Playstation 2 but with Rare, Nintendo, and more developers than you can shake your PS2 controller at do you really want to be on the OTHER team...

....Thought not...

Game: Hyping the Gamecube since E3 2000!
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:47
Regular
"You've upset me"
Gamecube samecube?

Nowaycube incube hellcube

gamecubecube willcube becube originalcube aftercube aboutcube acube couplecube ofcube monthscube

RastaBillyCube

The Prodigal Cube

:-)
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:47
Regular
"I like cheese"
You know, Rare aren't Gods. Their games don't appeal to everyone, including me.

I don't really care that they don't make for PS2.

Also, PS2 has lots of 3rd Party Developer Support, and at E3 Sony have a lot to show off.

I like the idea of being on the other team....
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:56
Regular
If you don't like Rare, you don't like games. :D
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
lol Grix
Mon 07/05/01 at 17:58
Regular
"I like cheese"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> If you don't like Rare, you don't like games. :D

I don't mind them, I'm just not in love with them, like most of you seem to be.

I think Konami are the best. By far.
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Yeah!
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:06
Regular
You can't really judge Rare Ant when you thought that Rare made Mario...
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Ha! Mario........that really tickled me.
Mon 07/05/01 at 18:12
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
The problem with the N64 and possibly Gamecube is that they are for younger gamers. Mario, Link, those animals that fly in squadrons (mental block). Sure, they've got a few older games (conker's bad fur day) but don't forget the first 15 rated N64 game came out about a year after its launch.

Let's face it the thing's bright purple, and it looks like a building block.

The PS2 has a more mature audience, always has, and always will. The oldest player of a PS1 was 84, which just goes to show the PlayStation's audience.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.