GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SCREENBEAT SOUNDSTATION 2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/05/01 at 13:34
Regular
Does anyone use the screenbeat for the ps2, is it any good ? does it work for dvd's as well as games ? Thanks A
Mon 07/05/01 at 13:34
Does anyone use the screenbeat for the ps2, is it any good ? does it work for dvd's as well as games ? Thanks A
Mon 07/05/01 at 16:16
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I've seen a demo. It's only a gimmick. The amp's not that bad, but the speaker are mini-system quality and they don't give out that much sound.

The whole thing's no substitute for a proper amp and speaker set, which you could probably get from Richer Sounds at about £150.

Better yet, if you can't tell the differance, they'll give you a free jar of Johnsons cotton ear swabs
Mon 07/05/01 at 19:29
Regular
"Melliflous Wanderer"
Waist of money unless you haven't got either a decent TV or HIFI.
Mon 07/05/01 at 20:04
Regular
I have the sound station 2. I bought it from SR at £44.99 I think.

Though it might not have quite the quality of my hi-fi, it is certainly very good, and being at Uni, it makes travelling a lot easier because I don`t have to carry my whole hi-fi.

The base is fantastic, and the sound in general is of a very high standard. It works with DVD and PS1/2 games. Also, if you have a head phone socket in your TV, it can be connected to that too!

Its well worth the money!
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Us being good mates ssxpro, I don;t want to offend you, but:

I have a Sony 200 watts/channel amp of high quality (chrimbo pres, I'm not boasting) and a pair of 120 W/C Warfedale speakers and they blow the living crap out of the ScreenBeat.

OK, it may cost £300 more, but I'm happy with my set-up. Seriousley, you should consider keeping your SB SS 2 for uni, but invest in a £a5o set-up form Richer Sounds (not plugging) at some point. Your life will become better
Tue 08/05/01 at 20:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Umm... £a5o = £150.

I really don't know what happened...
Wed 09/05/01 at 00:19
Regular
Its a good idea, and one that would certainly benefit the sound quality I`m sure, though as you say, I won`t find it easy to use at Uni, and I don`t know if I want to spend the extra just for the holidays.

When I`m at home, I connect it to my Hi-fi and the Sound Station 2, and this is good enough for me.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.