GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Today's Performance/s"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 17:23
Regular
"For One Night Only"
10:30am - First School

You hear the name Saint Monica's, and you automatically assume a nice, religious image full of nice people. As our two mini-buses pulled up outside, it appeared to be a nice school. We jumped out, eager, and were shown to the reception. Here, there were mounted crosses and even a framed photograph of someone shaking hands with the pope! Then assisted to the theatre, all I could think was how easy this would be.

We expressed a lot of interest in our surroundings, and warmed up, no-one was missing, it seemed to be going near perfect. Then we were told to go to the toilet if we needed it. Two mates and I went in one that positively reeked of pot. We got a lot of funny looks on the corridor trip back. But we weren't allowed back in to the theatre the way we left. We had to cut through the canteen. As We're walking through, I can't help but notice three guys giving evils.

"F***ing look at 'em. F***ing pr!cks!" could be heard, but I thought nothing of it.
"F***ing look at 'em in their f***ing scruffy, black shoes. F***ing scrubbers." My mates left me, but I wasn't standing for it. Automatic reaction, I turned around and went:
"You f***ing what, mate!?" We stared at each other. I couldn't hit him, I'd be thrown off the course, but he wouldn't come and hit me. I went back to the theatre.

Once we were performing, it seemed okay, but I could hear sniggers. A girl named Jaynie said her line, "Is my hair really that frizzy?" to which someone shouted back:
"Yeah, it is."
Then Jade, the largest member of the group stepped forward and delivered her bit. She bullies a girl who claims not to have eaten her sweets. As the bullied girl shouted "I never ate them," a wise-ass could be heard saying:
"No, but she did."

It was still a good performance, though, and we got back in the mini-buses. Neither would start for atleast fifteen minutes. We then discovered that some cocky b@st@rds had unplugged our fuel cables.

1:00pm - Second School

A great audience but a wooden performance, people kept slipping up, and we got such a rollocking afterwards.

I shall post each day's performances in this thread for the next two weeks.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:23
Regular
"For One Night Only"
10:30am - First School

You hear the name Saint Monica's, and you automatically assume a nice, religious image full of nice people. As our two mini-buses pulled up outside, it appeared to be a nice school. We jumped out, eager, and were shown to the reception. Here, there were mounted crosses and even a framed photograph of someone shaking hands with the pope! Then assisted to the theatre, all I could think was how easy this would be.

We expressed a lot of interest in our surroundings, and warmed up, no-one was missing, it seemed to be going near perfect. Then we were told to go to the toilet if we needed it. Two mates and I went in one that positively reeked of pot. We got a lot of funny looks on the corridor trip back. But we weren't allowed back in to the theatre the way we left. We had to cut through the canteen. As We're walking through, I can't help but notice three guys giving evils.

"F***ing look at 'em. F***ing pr!cks!" could be heard, but I thought nothing of it.
"F***ing look at 'em in their f***ing scruffy, black shoes. F***ing scrubbers." My mates left me, but I wasn't standing for it. Automatic reaction, I turned around and went:
"You f***ing what, mate!?" We stared at each other. I couldn't hit him, I'd be thrown off the course, but he wouldn't come and hit me. I went back to the theatre.

Once we were performing, it seemed okay, but I could hear sniggers. A girl named Jaynie said her line, "Is my hair really that frizzy?" to which someone shouted back:
"Yeah, it is."
Then Jade, the largest member of the group stepped forward and delivered her bit. She bullies a girl who claims not to have eaten her sweets. As the bullied girl shouted "I never ate them," a wise-ass could be heard saying:
"No, but she did."

It was still a good performance, though, and we got back in the mini-buses. Neither would start for atleast fifteen minutes. We then discovered that some cocky b@st@rds had unplugged our fuel cables.

1:00pm - Second School

A great audience but a wooden performance, people kept slipping up, and we got such a rollocking afterwards.

I shall post each day's performances in this thread for the next two weeks.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:25
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The Hibernator wrote:
> some cocky b@st@rds had unplugged our fuel cables.

Bloody hell, thats pretty hardcore.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:26
Regular
"For One Night Only"
It wasn't what I had expected from young Catholics.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:28
Regular
"0228"
Didn't realise you had to do two performances in one day. I suppose you've got to expect some people to make daft comments though. Sorry about performance 2 though but think of the reaction you'd have got if you'd delivered the worst performance at the first school.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:38
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Very true, I just wish the canteen guy had come and hit me. My retaliation would have been purely in "Self-defense".
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:45
"Darth Vader 3442321"
When I was doing my (aborted) teacher training, I had to put on some school assembly with other trainee teachers. We did some Jerry Springer style thing about rival gangs and my "character" was clearly involved in someway with the female head of the rival gang.

AND YES IT WAS EVERY BIT AS SHIIITY AS IT SOUNDS.

Though near the end, at the reconcilliation between "me and meee sista", (good grief) we go to hug and some kid in the audience (it was an all boys school) shouts:

"touch her up sir".

How can you not laugh at that? Instead a teacher should show restraint or even scowl in disaproval? I just howled with laughter.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:47
Regular
"Spurs 1 - 0 Man Utd"
Sounds like the performnces actually went better than yesterday's.

Just don't go performing on anymore wooden floors.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:51
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Thinking about it, the second school's theatre *cough* converted sportshall *cough* did have a wooden floor :)
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Teal'c"
Ooh, hard.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:49
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Define: Hard...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.