GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Probably done before but..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 01/10/04 at 16:11
Regular
what kind of monitor should I go for?
My current one seems to have decided to kill itself as now my screen is all yellow but none of the pins are bent or broken?!
Anyway TFT or CRT? I'm really tempted by getting a 17" TFT if I can get money back for this one.
Tue 05/10/04 at 00:23
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Personally I'd go for a nice TFT with a reponse time of <16ms.
> Firstly yeah CRT's are good for gaming but I find personally that
> after an hour or so my eyes are killing me, so with TFT it does
> reduce eyestrain a fair bit, but if you are doing a lot of
> photoshop/desktop use then I'd recommend a TFT, for pure gaming a CRT
> and for everything else there's a TFT (and mastercard) :P

What refresh rate do you use? I used to get severe eyestrain when I switched bak to CRT, but Ive found a monster monitor than can quite happily run 100Hz at 1280x1024 - I never get eyestrain.
Mon 04/10/04 at 03:36
Right. I just upgraded to a 17" TFT, monitor bliss!
Mon 04/10/04 at 03:32
Regular
"Fried rice is god."
I prefer CRT, looks more impressive than a TFT somhow, but TFT does provida a hell of a lot of more space
Fri 01/10/04 at 17:42
"I love yo... lamp."
For photoshop you should really use a CRT - they still have much truer colours. I still swear by CRT monitors. I went for what was considered a really good TFT and it wasn't a patch on my Samsung. Although, like Spikecast, you might be susceptible to eye strain. Can't say I am though.
Fri 01/10/04 at 17:39
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Go for the TFT.

Oooh, sexy baby.
Fri 01/10/04 at 17:12
Regular
"Touched!"
Personally I'd go for a nice TFT with a reponse time of <16ms. Firstly yeah CRT's are good for gaming but I find personally that after an hour or so my eyes are killing me, so with TFT it does reduce eyestrain a fair bit, but if you are doing a lot of photoshop/desktop use then I'd recommend a TFT, for pure gaming a CRT and for everything else there's a TFT (and mastercard) :P
Fri 01/10/04 at 17:02
Regular
"Selected"
CRT if you want a good gaming monitor.

TFT if you want the extra mobility/room.
Fri 01/10/04 at 16:11
Regular
what kind of monitor should I go for?
My current one seems to have decided to kill itself as now my screen is all yellow but none of the pins are bent or broken?!
Anyway TFT or CRT? I'm really tempted by getting a 17" TFT if I can get money back for this one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.