GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Got me a job"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
At long last I've landed myself a job that I don't consider to be half bad.

I get to build up EPOS systems, designed to be used in the hospitality sector (i.e. pubs/clubs/restaurants/hotels/football clubs/leisure complexes). Those touch screen thingies you see when you pay for your steak and chips in your local will be my forté from now on. And when I'm not building them up, I'm travelling all over the north of England and Scotland, in my company supplied car, installing them and tutoring clients on how to use them.

It might not sound much to you, but every job I've had so far has been total crap, paying total crap wages and with no prospects whatsoever. Now I've finished Uni it's time to stop fecking about. Even if I find it not challenging enough with relation to the I.T. aspects, it's great experience and good on my CV.

Plus there's a plethora of barmaids and waitresses out there needing 'one to one' tuition.

Just thought I'd bore you with all that information. Seeing as how all my mates are staying in tonight or doing other crap, I've decided to celebrate with a few cans and some loud music.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:01
Regular
At long last I've landed myself a job that I don't consider to be half bad.

I get to build up EPOS systems, designed to be used in the hospitality sector (i.e. pubs/clubs/restaurants/hotels/football clubs/leisure complexes). Those touch screen thingies you see when you pay for your steak and chips in your local will be my forté from now on. And when I'm not building them up, I'm travelling all over the north of England and Scotland, in my company supplied car, installing them and tutoring clients on how to use them.

It might not sound much to you, but every job I've had so far has been total crap, paying total crap wages and with no prospects whatsoever. Now I've finished Uni it's time to stop fecking about. Even if I find it not challenging enough with relation to the I.T. aspects, it's great experience and good on my CV.

Plus there's a plethora of barmaids and waitresses out there needing 'one to one' tuition.

Just thought I'd bore you with all that information. Seeing as how all my mates are staying in tonight or doing other crap, I've decided to celebrate with a few cans and some loud music.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:04
Excellent. Where at?
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:06
Regular
A company called 'Bleep 2000'. Based in London, but with a branch near me.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:09
Funky name. But that's really a good catch; not just creating the systems, but you get to travel out and help your clients. Graduates rarely get the chance to do that from the start, they have to work a few months coding before they travel out. Good job.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:09
Regular
I got it through an IT consultant/recruitment agency in Liverpool, called Bluefire. Decent people, unlike most agencies that just pi5H you about.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:10
Bluefire... do they have placements for people doing a year out?
And did you have to visit their branch?
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:10
Regular
Yeah, well I wasn't looking for that particular type of job. I get regular job notification e-mails from the 'totaljobs' website, and this one came up. I always wanted to do a bit of travelling, but never thought I had the personality to be a sales rep.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:12
Regular
lcarus wrote:
> Bluefire... do they have placements for people doing a year out?
> And did you have to visit their branch?

No, just applied for the job online, and within an hour I was contacted by them. Got the interview within a week.

Not sure about the placements thing, you could give them a try I suppose.
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:13
Regular
Where are you up to with your course anyway?
Thu 30/09/04 at 23:16
What was it's official title?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.