GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virgin Galactic"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 11:29
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
[URL]http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3693020.stm[/URL]

Even though I know how easily technology fails (the new train has already had a hiccup) I would love to be on this maiden voyage. It will travel high enough to show the earths curve and you will be weigthless for approx. 5 minutes.

Its a snip at approx. £115.000.00 but I haven't quite got that lying around. So c'mon people give me your donations, start to tear the sofa apart for the loose change, sell your mother, sister, hell even your grandmother if it will help :)
Thu 30/09/04 at 17:12
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> You can bet the Make A Wish Foundation will be campaigning even more
> furiously to send terminally ill kids on one of those trips.

And while they're up there they can shove them out the airlock to save some wasted effort back on Earth.
Thu 30/09/04 at 16:02
Yeah, I was going on about the point instead of comma - £115 would be an absolute bargain if that were the case. I don't think it'll be a massive commercial sucess though - with alltypes of travel you pay for you're getting somewhere - but just like a ride, it's an experience, but something that you won't do often.
Thu 30/09/04 at 12:11
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I must have misheard him on the radio the other night and I didn't read all the details on the link I posted (yes, naughty) but it seems your right. Taking a stewardess - wonder if its too late for a career change.

Taking just 5 passengers up would make the maiden voyage even more of a unique opportunity.
Thu 30/09/04 at 11:35
Regular
Ineedsleep wrote:
> You have to bear in mind that the ship will carry 3000 passengers

Doesn't it say the craft will only carry 8 in total - 2 Pilots, 5 passengers and a steward/ess?
Thu 30/09/04 at 10:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You can bet the Make A Wish Foundation will be campaigning even more furiously to send terminally ill kids on one of those trips.
Thu 30/09/04 at 09:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Can you imagine the pub talk?

Casual acqaintance: I've not seen you in here for a while
Me: I've been away.
Them: Anywhere nice?
Me: Nope, just a quick round trip of the VSS Enterprise.
Thu 30/09/04 at 09:46
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
lcarus wrote:
> Ineedsleep wrote:
>
> Its a snip at approx. £115.000.00 but I haven't quite got that
> lying around.
>
> That's quite cheap for a space trip. Unless you're using a foreign
> currecny system??

I don't think 115K is cheap. I certainly cant afford it:) I know what you mean really but that is the figure being mentioned for the maiden voyage. You have to bear in mind that the ship will carry 3000 passengers which means that they will have a gross return of 345.000.000 pounds sterling. Eventually they are hoping that the cost of the flight comes down to that equal to an expensive holiday.

The ship has already had its second successful launch, I believe, and I think it gets another test on Monday.

It would beat any other thrill ride anyday.
Wed 29/09/04 at 17:08
Regular
Virgin don't just do rail travel :P
Wed 29/09/04 at 13:23
"possibly impossible"
I can imagine the maiden voyage:

"Sorry, all Galactic Train travel cancelled due to leaves on the moon."

Also, wouldn't they run out of track?
Tue 28/09/04 at 19:56
Ineedsleep wrote:

> Its a snip at approx. £115.000.00 but I haven't quite got that
> lying around.

That's quite cheap for a space trip. Unless you're using a foreign currecny system??

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.