GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Games that need a sequel"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/09/04 at 00:01
Regular
There are games that are crying out for a sequel.

Off the top of my head :

Frontier Elite/Encounters
Command and Conquer Generals
Settlers 4 (there is one in the pipeline I believe)
Alien Vs Predator 2
Perfect Dark (Come on, what the hell is the hold up?)
Carmageddon 2 (3 was crap)
X-Wing vs Tie Fighter (one of the best multiplayer games ever)
Star Wars Force Commander (let's get it right this time)
Monkey Island (what happened to the good old point and click adventure?)

there's probably loads I've neglected, so that's why I made this, mainly to reminisce old favourites.

Fire away, or do one ...
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:01
Regular
There are games that are crying out for a sequel.

Off the top of my head :

Frontier Elite/Encounters
Command and Conquer Generals
Settlers 4 (there is one in the pipeline I believe)
Alien Vs Predator 2
Perfect Dark (Come on, what the hell is the hold up?)
Carmageddon 2 (3 was crap)
X-Wing vs Tie Fighter (one of the best multiplayer games ever)
Star Wars Force Commander (let's get it right this time)
Monkey Island (what happened to the good old point and click adventure?)

there's probably loads I've neglected, so that's why I made this, mainly to reminisce old favourites.

Fire away, or do one ...
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:03
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Frontier = classic greatness

There is a new Sherlock game out, but it isn't as good as Monkey Island. No humour.
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:07
Regular
Yeah, saw that on cybernet. Still, it might be ok, if you can put up with the wooden acting. Give me Guybrush and Lechuck any day though.

I'm really surprised there's been no new AVP game. AVP2 was quality and as scary as Doom 3 at points in the Marine Game.

As for Frontier, this badly needs a sequel, with modern technology it could be absolutely amazing, and would make the likes of Morrowind look as Linear as a one way street.
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:09
Regular
Conkers bad fur day. Mario/banjo clone, but was just so amusing and fun to play. Some of the characters were genius.

Has any one got this on Xbox?

[URL]http://www.xbox.com/en-us/xboxtv/default.htm?t=4259&v=84510&bw=hi[/URL]
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:10
Regular
"what's punctuation"
i realy want kessen three and doom three on the PS2 but i'm not suree that they are bothering
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:13
Regular
the PS2 is fast becoming obsolete. I wish Rockstar would realise that, and bring San Andreas to the XBOX where it clearly belongs.
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:19
Regular
"what's punctuation"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> the PS2 is fast becoming obsolete. I wish Rockstar would realise
> that, and bring San Andreas to the XBOX where it clearly belongs.

oh hush youy silly silly boy

besides you'll proberbly have it on x-box a couple of months after us PS2 people
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:19
Regular
Nah, PS2 is still THE platform.

Orders for San andreas have already surpassed Vice City pre-orders. Although thats probably down to most retailers taking orders since about february.
Tue 28/09/04 at 00:28
Regular
I haven't played a single game on the PS2 that wasn't better on the XBOX.

And then there's the custom soundtracks, the hard drive, and Live which is a revolution in gaming.

Nah, I won't go back to the PS2.
Tue 28/09/04 at 01:25
Regular
Oh well, i got both.

Although that was just part of an ego trip getting all 3 consoles. In the next generation i'll just stick to one.

I dont play enough games these days to warrent 1 console. Let alone 3. Only bought Soul calibur 2 this year so far, and PES4 and GTA:SA will be the only other purchases.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.