GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh no more Worms!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Worms 4: Mayhem'.
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:15
Regular
Back to Old Skool Worms stylee, oh and it's out in Spring!

Taken from IGN.com

"Codemasters today announced it will publish the PAL (European) version of Worms 4: Mayhem, the latest title in the long-running, much-beloved turn-Developer Team 17 returns with classic Worms-style gameplay for up to four players. As a first for the series, you can now create your own weapons. With the Weapons Factory, you'll be able to craft Exploding Chickens, Toilet Bombs, or whatever odd and oddly sinister artillery you wish. You'll also see classic weapons return, along with new attacks like Poison Arrow, Sentry Gun, Tail Nail and Bovine Blitz.

The single player game spans 25 missions, while multiplayer comes supplied with 20 maps. In all cases, environments are fully destructible. Of course. We should also mention that you'll now be able to customize your worms. Fighting shouldn't be without style.

Worms 4 is slated for European release on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC in Q2 2005, round about springtime. Coincidentally, just when the worms really start crawling. Stay tuned for more on the title, including possible North American release info, as it comes in."

I look forward to toilet bombing mofos on Live!
Sun 16/01/05 at 02:51
Regular
3D needed a couple of tweaks, like I don't like how they down-powered the grenades, they didn't let you "inverse aim" when aiming (messes you up a bit if you're used to the other type) and it was silly how they made you share a controller, instead of allowing you to have a controller each...

Silly little things like that.

I don't know why I'm bothering with this, as they aren't even releasing it on the Gamecube anyway. Although I like the sound of them going "Old School". Worms United is still the pinacle of the series as far as I'm concerned...

...apart from how it had a fatal bug in it which caused my PC to have to be repaired no less than 3 times! :-S

Edit:I just actually looked at it. Old School my ass! It's the same style they've used since Worms 2. Never mind. I couldn't get it anyway! :-)
Fri 14/01/05 at 18:48
Regular
"8==="
3D works fine, it's just the weapons are currently underpowered so that you have to be really accurate to cause a satisfying amount of damage.
Fri 14/01/05 at 14:42
Regular
"serenity now!"
Yep, but i don't think my boss would be to happy to hear "Run away!" and "I'll get you!" coming from my corner of the office...
Fri 14/01/05 at 14:29
Regular
smv wrote:
> I'm still not convinced thay can make it work in 3D...
>
> I'll stick with Worms World Party for now.

Fancy a game?
Fri 14/01/05 at 13:06
Regular
They should have stayed with the 2D formula and just concentrated on expanding the game to full functionality online, CO-OP and the like. Viewtiful Joe is a prime example of what can be done with a 2D game.

Worms World Party was excellent but since then it has gone downhill big time. 3D was a cheap effort that was a lot less expansive with the environments and levels on offer. What you want with Worms is a crazy amount of levels, lots of variation, hilarious sound bites and a decent multiplayer. World Party had pretty much all of this but I can't help thinking that LIVE play would just be a complete ball, so much potential.
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:36
Regular
Worms 3D wasn't perfect but it was a damn good game for a first effort. I'm hoping they'll expand on th engine, sorting out the rather dodgy camera and also make the damage on the landscapes larger. Oh and sort out the random landscapes as well as most of them were nothing short of ass.

Tis strange though that they totally ignore Cube with Worms, you'd think this sort of game would be something they'd realise appeals to Cubce owners. I guess the first Worms 3D must have sold like rabid ass so they just gave up on the format.
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:20
Regular
"serenity now!"
I'm still not convinced thay can make it work in 3D...

I'll stick with Worms World Party for now.
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:18
Regular
Sounds good, bit pssed off that they continue to ignore the Cube, though.
Fri 14/01/05 at 12:15
Regular
Back to Old Skool Worms stylee, oh and it's out in Spring!

Taken from IGN.com

"Codemasters today announced it will publish the PAL (European) version of Worms 4: Mayhem, the latest title in the long-running, much-beloved turn-Developer Team 17 returns with classic Worms-style gameplay for up to four players. As a first for the series, you can now create your own weapons. With the Weapons Factory, you'll be able to craft Exploding Chickens, Toilet Bombs, or whatever odd and oddly sinister artillery you wish. You'll also see classic weapons return, along with new attacks like Poison Arrow, Sentry Gun, Tail Nail and Bovine Blitz.

The single player game spans 25 missions, while multiplayer comes supplied with 20 maps. In all cases, environments are fully destructible. Of course. We should also mention that you'll now be able to customize your worms. Fighting shouldn't be without style.

Worms 4 is slated for European release on the PlayStation 2, Xbox, and PC in Q2 2005, round about springtime. Coincidentally, just when the worms really start crawling. Stay tuned for more on the title, including possible North American release info, as it comes in."

I look forward to toilet bombing mofos on Live!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.