GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Dogs can smell cancer"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/09/04 at 10:35
"Darth Vader 3442321"
It's strange but true. (Probaly plenty of internet news sites to check the validity of this post, read it myself in the Guardian and the Metro)

Scientists have tested the theory that dogs can detect the presence of (bladder) cancer cells in people's urine, and results demonstrate that they detected/selected the samples containing cancerous cells than those without), more often than they would do by pure chance.

This theory was established by a woman who had a mole on her thigh, and was constantly pestered by her dog, who took an unusual interest in it for an unknown reason. One day the dog tried to bite the mole and the woman went to the doctors to have it checked out.

It was malignant.
Sat 25/09/04 at 18:05
Regular
"Braaains"
or†ega wrote:
> Just saw it on the news showing the dog sniffing out all the different
> samples of urine.
>
> what a job.

Perhaps Jilly Goolden could be involved in some way.
Fri 24/09/04 at 20:45
Regular
I predict thousands of people going to hospitals during the next week because their dog licked their arm.
Fri 24/09/04 at 20:34
"period drama"
Well, that's a new excuse.

"Yeah ... we're just checking everywhere. Just in case. Oh yeah ... good boy ... that's it .... check harder."

Fri 24/09/04 at 20:33
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
A new meaning to 'lab report'...
Fri 24/09/04 at 13:42
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I can smell dogs.
Fri 24/09/04 at 12:21
Regular
I thought dogs prefered to lick things like that, anyway?

I can't quite work that one out.
Fri 24/09/04 at 12:16
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> From a species that eats it's own faeces? I don't think they'll get
> too embarrassed.

Good point.

> Very interesting. Soon we'll have dogs enlisted on the NHS, sniffing
> all over bodies to find out what's wrong with them.

What scares me is that the woman's dog attacked her malignant mole as it must have disliked the "smell".

Finding that you have Testicular cancer is an unpleasant enough experience, especially if you are alerted to the this by a dog savaging your balls.
Fri 24/09/04 at 12:16
Regular
Just saw it on the news showing the dog sniffing out all the different samples of urine.

what a job.
Fri 24/09/04 at 12:02
Regular
From a species that eats it's own faeces? I don't think they'll get too embarrassed.

Very interesting. Soon we'll have dogs enlisted on the NHS, sniffing all over bodies to find out what's wrong with them.
Fri 24/09/04 at 11:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I feel sorry for Dogs though. Sniffing people's luggage to find drugs is demeaning enough, but sniffing people's wee...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.