GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best News Sources?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/09/04 at 17:30
Regular
Wondered about this myself, where's a great place to get news, reported with multi-sided integrity etc? Websites, tv, radio, etc?

Or, just to w***e it out to make it a bit more popular if no-one can be bothered to reply, what newspaper do you read?
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:23
"possibly impossible"
It does mean a free trip to India for 5 weeks next year (all expenses paid, business class and with allowance). Though now I have a little baby, I don't want to leave for 5 weeks and they are leaning on me to go because I have the experience...
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:19
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
pb wrote:
> Though why I stick up for them when they're sending my job to India
> is anyone's guess...

Bah, its becoming inevitable in some sectors. :(
Thu 23/09/04 at 22:16
"possibly impossible"
Whitestripes DX wrote:
> Reuters?

Damn right. In fact, Yahoo uses Reuters news sources, so go to them. Reuters is as impartial as you can get.

Though why I stick up for them when they're sending my job to India is anyone's guess...
Thu 23/09/04 at 21:01
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I crack open 2 lizard eggs and find out things from the shapes that they form. I was one of the first people to know that was-his-name was kidnapped. I just....forgot to tell anyone.

But when Im feeling amorous CH4 news is the best. I really prefer it over any other news program.
Thu 23/09/04 at 20:20
Regular
Reuters?
Thu 23/09/04 at 20:14
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Erm, i use the financial times website.
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:45
Regular
"8==="
HP used to be good until they used crappy sweetners in it. :(
Thu 23/09/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ananova.com - like being read the news by Office Crabtree from 'Ello Ello'.

Most serious news sites have some sort of bias, and sometimes the BBC website reads like it was written by shackled bears from Romania.
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:41
"Darth Vader 3442321"
I still rely upon the BBC for news, but I'm not really a newshound. I read the Guardian for the Environmental [news] section on a wednesday and the Science section on a thursday.

To be honest I've become very apathetic and have little concern for news/events outside my limited sphere of interest.
Thu 23/09/04 at 17:32
Regular
Google News.
Stories from many sources.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.