GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 4 enters "blatant cheat" mode!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evolution Soccer 4'.
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:47
"High polygon count"
So there we are, me and my mate Chris, continuing our season on Pro Evo 4, as we do every Monday and Thursay evening.

We put together a luvverly move, culminating in a cracking strike at goal from around 20 yards, which flies past the keeper's outstretched fingertips, clips the outside of the post and goes off for a goal kick.

"Right," thinks Pro Evo 4, "I'm not bloody having that!"

It then proceeds to take the goal kick... but there are no control markers on the screen... neither me or Chris have any control over any player... we can't even pause the game... all the buttons are dead!

So the CPU team knock the ball around our team, all the way up to the other end... where mysteriously we also have NO GOALKEEPER!

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you Pro Evo 4's Blatant Cheat mode!

By some amazing fluke the CPU team manage not to score, and instead kick it behind for a goal kick... at which point our keeper re-appears, and we have control again.

The game finishes at 0-0, and it's just as well - otherwise my PS2 would have been out the window.

Anyone else had this happen?
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:47
"High polygon count"
So there we are, me and my mate Chris, continuing our season on Pro Evo 4, as we do every Monday and Thursay evening.

We put together a luvverly move, culminating in a cracking strike at goal from around 20 yards, which flies past the keeper's outstretched fingertips, clips the outside of the post and goes off for a goal kick.

"Right," thinks Pro Evo 4, "I'm not bloody having that!"

It then proceeds to take the goal kick... but there are no control markers on the screen... neither me or Chris have any control over any player... we can't even pause the game... all the buttons are dead!

So the CPU team knock the ball around our team, all the way up to the other end... where mysteriously we also have NO GOALKEEPER!

Ladies and gentlemen - I give you Pro Evo 4's Blatant Cheat mode!

By some amazing fluke the CPU team manage not to score, and instead kick it behind for a goal kick... at which point our keeper re-appears, and we have control again.

The game finishes at 0-0, and it's just as well - otherwise my PS2 would have been out the window.

Anyone else had this happen?
Mon 17/01/05 at 22:48
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
It's also called "insanity".
Tue 18/01/05 at 01:00
Regular
"Bicycle"
Ugh, it's soo hard.

Especially when the keeper does a "Roy Caroll", about five feet over the line but no goal...

ARGH!
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:24
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Sometimes I draw 1-1

Though I usually have 40 shots on target to the computer's one effort that my keeper just stood there.
Tue 18/01/05 at 14:39
"High polygon count"
SHEEPY wrote:
> Sometimes I draw 1-1
>
> Though I usually have 40 shots on target to the computer's one effort
> that my keeper just stood there.

Been there, done that, would have the T-shirt if they made it!

Amazes me how the CPU team keepers are always better than your own. Even if you buy a keeper who has been outstanding against you, he suddenly turns crap once he's signed for you!
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:34
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
I'm doing really well on 6-star in my Master League, actually. Not too much of a step up from 5-star - the only difference seems to be that the computer plays in a much more attacking fashion. Which of course, makes for much better games. In my last season I had 5 3-3 draws and a couple of 4-0s (one of which I was on the end of...)

But yeah, first season promoted I came 5th in the top flight, and this season I've won all matches so far. All two of them, but meh. :-D

Dunno, if you're having problems, it's obvious you've either been playing other football games (which REALLY seems to effect that way some people play PES, strangely), or I'm just much sadder than the rest of you. :-)
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:42
"High polygon count"
I no longer have any other football games!

I sold TIF2003 on the PS2 and FIFA2004 on the Xbox.
Tue 18/01/05 at 19:50
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Maybe they've still not been completely eliminted from your system. I've played PES pretty much constantly since the first one was released on PS2 in November 2001. Don't play any other football game series, and come back in 3 years and tell me if you can't beat the hardest difficulty on PES7.

:-)
Tue 18/01/05 at 21:37
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I still play on 3 stars

I had about 20 0-0 draws on 4 so I went back down.
Tue 18/01/05 at 21:44
Regular
"Bicycle"
Yup, 3 stars is definately the way to go.

I tried 5 stars (being as cocky as I am) when it first arrived, managed a couple of draws and too many losses. My confidence - and the difficulty - gradually erroded to 3 stars. Meh, it's still a challenge - keep losing to Brazil in the International Cup... It's beginning to tick me off!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.