GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Man Utd. - Monsters No More!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/09/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Also taken from: www.SkySports.com

Eric Djemba-Djemba agrees that Manchester United have lost their aura of invincibility.

The midfielder feels the same thing has happened with Cameroon and agrees with the views offered by snarling skipper Roy Keane.

The Red Devils have made a poor start to the campaign, securing only one Premiership win, and twice requiring injury time equalisers to scramble draws against Blackburn Rovers and Bolton Wanderers.

"People don't see us as monsters any more," Djemba-Djemba told L'Equipe. "It is logical.

"It is just the same with Cameroon.

"We are not invincible any more."

The African ace is still confident United can compete both domestically and in Europe for the top honours.

"At the moment, it is a little difficult," he explained.

"Our start to the season has not been great. But we have had a lot of absences and injured players, and it costs us a lot.

"The season will be difficult, the margin is small, but we can get the national title back and I can state to you we will not be far away in the Champions League.

"I am sure of that."

----------

So, Eric Djemba-Djemba - of all people - comes out to "tell it like it is"...

But, MONSTERS?? What has the boy been reading....

Someone needs to tell him; we will ALWAYS be bigger than Cameroon, no matter what happens this season!

I'm glad to see he hasn't lost his optimism for what we still can achieve, however. Hopefully, that's a feeling that spreads around the Old Trafford dressing room. With a squad relying on so-many young players right now, we cannot allow them, especially, to get the wrong idea that it's all over already.

Still, I'd have expected maybe a Giggsy or even "silent" Paul Scholes to follow in his captain's words after these "crisis talks" we've been reading about... Someone, like Gary Neville, who really says 'Man United' in his name.
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:59
Regular
Wes Brown: He went that way
Silvestre: Who?
Wes: That black striker for the Pool. Ciss something. That way.
Silvestre: Oh, him. No, he went that way.
Keane: Actually, he went that way. Towards his supporters. He's scored again, chaps. Do pay attention.
Rio: Glad I'm back, lads?
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:16
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Eric Djemba-Who, how funny of him to say this as he hasn't done a fcuking thing for Man Utd, but wat do I care, Man Utd have lost thier status as 'unbeatable'. Esp on Monday night when we kick dey ass, Rio and Rooney cannot stop us Muawhahaha.

P.s. Feel free to laugh if we get beat
Sat 18/09/04 at 20:09
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I think we are now seeing just how valuable Nicky Butt really was to our squad, even when Roy Keane remains the undisputed captain of the team.

Eric Djemba-Djemba, as I've said before, just isn't the same.

Andy Gray pointed out a large number of simple defensive errors the Cameroon international made against Lyon on Wednesday night. Hacking-away for an unreachable ball on the edge of our box. Clearing the ball away insufficiently. If he passes it, it goes to the opposition. If he 'hoofs' it, it still ends up coming right back in our faces.

Even when he's not on the ball, he doesn't just doesn't appear to have the 'authority' of Roy Keane or Nicky Butt in those central positions. He doesn't look like a leader of the defence. He looks like... A gangly little young man....

:P
Sat 18/09/04 at 12:01
Regular
I always thought Matteo was Leeds' captain...

Didn't pay much attention to captain hood back then.

Paul Butler now.

Oh yeah.
Fri 17/09/04 at 23:14
Regular
last season was uniteds best start to a prem season ever! It had to be to be top of the table half way through with arsenal unbeaten!

defeat against liverpool will pretty much finish any slim hope of the title. A win will be amazing, and boost confidence sky high, especially with somthing as influential as rio back who was Leeds captain at such a young age.
Fri 17/09/04 at 16:08
Regular
yeah but when you started slow before there was nothing really to worry about, now you have arguably the best team (arsenal) and the best squad (chelsea) the premiership has seen to contend with.
Fri 17/09/04 at 15:50
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
bah, we are notoriously slow starters, evrybody knows that, just this years we had a little squad trouble with early injuries to ruud, brown, silvestre, keane, saha, solskjaer and now big neville. i say agiain... bah
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:34
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Dringo wrote:
> Leeds'll beat ya next :D

Now that's just taking things too far :-D
Fri 17/09/04 at 13:04
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I HATE Man U.

All that bravado. Rargf

I hate you all.

ALL.
Thu 16/09/04 at 22:58
Regular
Leeds'll beat ya next :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.