GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Biggles..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/09/04 at 15:19
Regular
...what's the website for that SETI@Home-style disease program?

Thanks.
Fri 03/09/04 at 22:15
"I love yo... lamp."
The software has been upgraded since you ran it. Still looks the same, but is more sophisticated. No distributed computing project will ever have stats you can check through the software, it would cause major bandwidth issues.

As it stands, you can check the amount of jobs run from an installation and the amount of molecules crunched by looking at the control panel - it tells you that at the bottom.

Or if you press the history button on the job information window it brings up a browser window showing all the jobs you have run on the current installation, along with the job time and amount of points awarded.

However it only works by the current installation, not your overall stats as it calculated going by a file that is part of the installation. Hence, delete the installation and it deletes that file. But then, most people only install or un-install occasionally, so no big deal.

But yes, the site is ugly. They know that as well since they have been told so many times.
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:50
Regular
I'm waiting for them to upgrade the software and website then I'll have 6 new computers ready to number crunch.

Maybe a different reward system that you can check in the program and not on their ugly (sorry) site.
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:47
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Now that I've more RAM and broadband, I might start this again.
Fri 03/09/04 at 18:39
"I love yo... lamp."
You can choose what projects to work on from the project tab of the control panel. Some people of course just want to run cancer, others HIV etc. I run everything just now since there isn't a current Multiple Sclerosis target.

Just to alert you the current HIV jobs are taking several days to complete. It doesn't mean anything is wrong if they take a long time, rather the high hit rate is rather promising and the last time there were really long jobs like that, they found actual HIV inhibitors.

So it's all good.
Fri 03/09/04 at 06:12
Regular
Thanks, I'll do that after work. My FaD program is working on HIV stuff apparently.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:37
"I love yo... lamp."
Not true. But I think it fundamentally flawed in its concept.

Besides, Find-A-Drug has already found molecules that showed anti-cancer properties in actual lab testing.
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:19
Regular
"xp on a 486 bahh"
SETI@Home is nothing more that a small green icon that make's your computer frees
Fri 03/09/04 at 01:12
"I love yo... lamp."
If you've downloaded it already, in the control panel for it (right click system tray icon, select setup), under the general tab enter 2072 in the team number. And that's it.

You appear in the stats on the website after you return a job.

Always good to have a new recruit :-D
Thu 02/09/04 at 19:47
Regular
Biggles - I recall you mentioning an SR team for this thing - how can I join yours?
Thu 02/09/04 at 15:38
Regular
Thank you Biggles. I mean UrkiE!

:P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.