GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"For those who have Riddick..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena'.
Mon 24/01/05 at 08:09
Regular
A couple of quick quesies if I may...

Firstly, is the game supposed to have no manual and only a quick start leaflet?

Secondly, anyone else get a Windows error report on top of the game crashing when trying to exit to the main menu once they are passed the opening section?

Aside from that, definite improvement over the Xbox version...
Wed 26/01/05 at 15:27
Regular
"A man with a stick"
The movie was overblown, but enjoyable if you switched your brain off and didn't concentrate too hard, the game I found, was quite the opposite. It's amazing really, it didn't cost as much to make, didn't require even half of the $100 million budget that was used on the movie, and still came out on top of it's filmic rival.

Way too short though, which is disappointing but it at least stops the game becoming too repetitive. Only disappointment I had with the game besides length was that the action bits felt a little by-the-number, lacking any real excitement.

The stealth bits, escape sequences and hand to hand combat made up for that though. Nice to hear there's a sequel on the way.
Tue 25/01/05 at 15:49
Regular
Sort of cured it...

Disabled TRUFORM which seems to do more harm than good in most cases. This cured quiting to the menu but I now get the sbzengine.exe error at random times whilst playing.

VU Games provide nothing of any use and basically say go for a fresh OS install which I can't do without the internet anyway. At the very least they say uninstall and then reinstall.

Really annoys me when you get bugs like this that are clearly effecting more than the odd person yet everyone keeps shut about a fix for it. Might tone down the OC a bit, the graphics card is clocked at a stupidly high rate at the moment.
Mon 24/01/05 at 12:25
Regular
It's called permanent insomnia. I work full time, go to night college etc I usually start playing around 10-11pm and play through the night, it follows suit for weeks on end. I rarely play games during the day. I then book a few days off work and sleep all day to make up the difference...

As for buying it on PC, it was purely for the technical advantages. I will probably never listen to the Developers Commentary.
Mon 24/01/05 at 11:32
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
lcarus wrote:
> This is the mighty ÂLŠ†ÂÎR you're talking
> about. 4 pieces of concept art is worth the cost.

Bwhahahaha. I wish I had the time to play through a game six times. :D
Mon 24/01/05 at 11:28
Pandaemonium wrote:
I wonder why you would pay for a game that you've
> played through 6 times already. The Developers commentary is a nice
> extra, but not worth the cost of the game. :D

This is the mighty ÂLŠ†ÂÎR you're talking about. 4 pieces of concept art is worth the cost.
Mon 24/01/05 at 11:26
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Yeah it isn't my first time through though, nailed the Xbox version 6
> times already.

*shrug* Pc was my first exposure to it. There's probably a cheat to unlock it although I wonder why you would pay for a game that you've played through 6 times already. The Developers commentary is a nice extra, but not worth the cost of the game. :D
Mon 24/01/05 at 11:16
Regular
Yeah it isn't my first time through though, nailed the Xbox version 6 times already.
Mon 24/01/05 at 09:15
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Must be Truform technology again, had a similar problem with Medal of
> Honor Allied Assault with it throwing up Windows Error Reports.
>
> Developers Commentary, that is selectable from the menu, I take it
> you can't actually run it until you have finished it?

No. It'd be incredibly distracting on first play. Basically, there's large icons all over the map that you activate, and the developers tell you stuff randing from level design, cheats to stop people breaking the scripting, and even the possibility of gay characters. In heavily swedish accented voices. Some of them go on for 30 odd seconds, some are over 15 minutes. It sounds crap, but it's really amusing at times.
Mon 24/01/05 at 09:07
Regular
Must be Truform technology again, had a similar problem with Medal of Honor Allied Assault with it throwing up Windows Error Reports.

Developers Commentary, that is selectable from the menu, I take it you can't actually run it until you have finished it?
Mon 24/01/05 at 08:47
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> A couple of quick quesies if I may...
>
> Firstly, is the game supposed to have no manual and only a quick
> start leaflet?

Yup.

> Secondly, anyone else get a Windows error report on top of the game
> crashing when trying to exit to the main menu once they are passed
> the opening section?
>
> Aside from that, definite improvement over the Xbox version...

Nope. Yeah, It's a pretty cool game. The Developers commentary that unlocks when you finish it is imformative and entertaining too.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.