GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GC To Be Canned in 2003"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 03/05/01 at 17:50
Regular
Theres quite a few Nintendo fans about...

And equally.. quite a few people intending to buy a GC...

However... What IF... a couple of years down the line... As a result of business tactics by both Sony and MS...

Nintendo goes the way of Sega and is pushed out of console gameing...

I'm not trying to say the GC is doomed... or that Sony and MS need to do dodgy business dealings in order to survive...

What I was wondering was what would you do if Ninty were taken off the field...

Would you buy another console... or give up on gaming altogether? ... Stick with the GC's released titles until the next gen consoles come around?

The same question goes to PS2 gamers... What would you do if the GC and X-Box releases next year kill off Sonys machine... with more developers jumping ship to other platforms as the days go by?
Thu 03/05/01 at 22:08
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
you would deal with the goodbye of the gamecube the same way we all dealed with the death of the DC...

Forget about it and play all the great games while you still can! :)
Thu 03/05/01 at 22:08
Regular
well i would never leave nintendo if GC failed. I still play on my SNES each and every day. Nintendo is my life.
Thu 03/05/01 at 22:03
Regular
"You've upset me"
mmmmmmmm Wave Race Cubed screen-shots *drool*

*slobber* GameCube *salyvatate* mmmmmmmm Zelda Cubed, After Dark *drool,slobber* *gets electrocuted after drooling on keyboard* Ow... mmmmmmmmm GameCube

mmmmmmm GC

*Is swimming lengths in drool*
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:57
"High polygon count"
Oh dear, here we go again... another reasonable topic almost reduced to console wars by... no, don't say it...

There is no evidence that ANY significant number of 3rd-party developers are leaving Sony. Yes, they are developing for other platforms... that does NOT cost Sony anything, and in fact that is just as it should be.

As for the PS2 titles still to be released... not all exclusives... MGS2, GT3, RE:CV, Dropship, Extermination, Devil May Cry, Onimusha, The Getaway, World Rally Championship 2001, Soul Reaver 2, Run Like Hell, Commandos 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Wipeout Fusion, Red Faction, Project Eden, Giants... and those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head!

All of the three main platforms (I don't include Dreamcast as it is no longer manufactured) have more than adequate support, and there is no reason at the moment to suspect that any of them will fail.

Oh, and to answer the original point... in the unlikely event of PS2 failing (already too late for that to happen, I think), at this moment in time, I would choose to buy a GameCube (which I might do anyway). Then wait for PS3.
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:28
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Sniper wrote:
> Pointless to ask this really, the Gamecube has all the features to
> make it a good machine, but without a DVD player not everyone will
> buy it.
But that doesn't mean there is alot of gamers in the world
> that want to buy this.

the GC has a DVD player, not a normal size DVD player, and now Phillips have dropped out from making one, it leaves the question, will they make small DVDs?
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:07
After Dark (PD2) COnker's other bad day (CBFD 2) tony hawks, resdient evil 0 & 4, teken tag, crazi taxi, mother 3 (hopefuly at last) metoried, lugi's castle, zelda, wave race, and more.
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
And......?
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:04
Regular
Metal Gear Solid 2.
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:00
Regular
These titles are? (Question to Ant)
Thu 03/05/01 at 21:00
The GC wouldn't be pushed out of the market, as many people are buying the GBA or GC. But i think Sega might appear again once they have enough money to bounce back on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.