GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Cleaning out the loft"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 28/08/04 at 16:19
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've spent the day thus far cleaning out my loft which for the most part has been exhausting is there was about 7 tonnes of pure junk there.

It was a little video game nostalgia trip for me too as I found an Amstrad, Commadore 64, Spectrum ZX, Megadrive II and Playstation 1, ooh and broken garden furnature.

The oddest find has to be someone elses stamp collection, a man called Stanley Gibbon's, who presumably lived here once, took it upon himself to hide his stamp collection in the space between the loft and the second floor ceiling - but I got it! To eBay we go...

I've also found manuals for Adobe Photoshop 6.0, Adobe InDesign an a bunch of other Adobe products - anyone want them?

Oh and does an employer legally have to pay you more for working a bank holiday or not? I've been asked to work Monday, see, but I dont know if its financially worth it. £4.50 an hour versus sitting on my ass at home is a no-contest really on a bank holiday.
Sun 29/08/04 at 15:34
Regular
"the burning sky"
Since having our new roof, our loft is just full of dust. The stuff thats up there is covered in the stuff, even tho' we put blankets and stuff over it. I suppose it would be nice to see whats up there...
Sun 29/08/04 at 15:23
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
jim-hat wrote:
> Anything that is old must be worth alot.

Wrong- I could pick up certain stamps from the 1840s for as little as a few pounds each, depending on condition. Anything that there are few of is worth more- age has little to do with it.
Sun 29/08/04 at 14:39
Regular
£4.50 an hour is tantamount to assrape
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:49
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
I'd make some sort of joke about your granny certainly charging a lot per hour, but I feel that's just wrong.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:46
Regular
"QPR 1974"
Anything that is old must be worth alot.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:19
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I can't really look around my loft- it's full of fibreglass insulation, which isn't the safest of things to inhale, as it contains asbestos, among other things.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:16
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
When we moved in this house we are in now we went into the loft and found 1 really old plate not damaged, and some sort of set of glass flask things. Look like they could be genuine Antiques, well maybe.

We have yet to get them looked at just havent got round too it.

The bloke that lived here before died, last year at the age of 96, so if he as had them past down to him from other family members who knows.
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:03
Regular
""Watch your neck""
Yeah whatever
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:01
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Paradox: wrote:
> cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah i vote in favour of Para changing his name to Del Boy.
>
> Motion seconded.

And thirded! =D
Sun 29/08/04 at 11:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
cookie monster wrote:
> Yeah i vote in favour of Para changing his name to Del Boy.

Motion seconded.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.