GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Like a Nat at a BBQ just buggin' the...out of me!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 27/08/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
What annoys you about everyday life, as there have been a few things over the past few months that have been getting right on my wick, yet no-one ever does or says anything about them. To give you some examples…

Trolley Rage:
Whenever I’m shopping in my local Tescos I’ll be pushing my trolley along, very calmly, and certainly not so quick as so I get pulled over and given a ticket or find out speed bumps have been introduced because of my reckless regards for trolley safety….oh no….but why is it that some people decide to think they’re the only ones shopping and that you don’t actually exist. Many a time have I gone down an aisle and someone has been looking at some produce on a shelf, yet they’re trolley is length ways across the width of the aisle, and sometimes even worse, they’re still holding onto it. This always calls for evasive action as studies have shown (my study) that people don’t blooming listen when you politely say excuse me. So…I don’t bother…just a quick ram into their trolley to move it out of my way and they may decide to be more considerate in the future.

Second of all when I’m pushing my trolley down the centre of all the aisles you do not have the right to come out of an aisle, push me out of the way and begin up the next aisle. You may think they’re using tactic one from above and not saying excuse me as they don’t think you’ll listen, however, you are already in the centre aisle whilst they want to briefly join it before leaving their trolley in the middle of the next aisle. Unfortunately they’re not using this tactic, they’re just flamin’ rude!! I find quite a good response to this behaviour is to say in an audible voice “Your Welcome” as they will either a) look up at you and say sorry, or b) just carry on looking bitter and look like an idiot to other trolley users.

Thirdly, and we’ve all been there, the missis wants to look at some organic food that contains no meat what so ever so you’re not interested so you stand tight against a row of shelves so your not blocking the aisle as in the first point. But then some people who require an item that your now blocking have lost the ability to talk, and decide they can get the item by (leaving their trolley in the middle of the aisle) leaning over your trolley, or leaning above/behind you to try and reach something. Rymi-Blimey, I can move you know, if you want me to, just say the magic words, “excuse me please”…in fact I don’t even need a please, I’ve already seen you’re ruddy rude. Whilst I could understand peoples behaviour should they be acting like this if we were in the middle of a war or there were food shortages etc, but 60 bottles of ketchup aren’t going to disappear in the two seconds it takes you to say “excuse me” to get one.

Smart-Casual Dress Code
Where I work there is a Smart-Casual Dress Code, yet no-one can make up their mind what it is. Obviously there are the career minded people who still come in a shirt and tie in the blistering heat, giving us all a nice view of their sweat patches because if they raise the value of the company by £60m they may just get a £200 pay rise, and to do so they must dress power and money hungry. But for those of us with lives and personalities it’s a bit different, what is considered smart and what is considered casual? Are we allowed to wear trainers…No!! Not even with shirt, tie, blazer, waistcoat, and trousers. What about Jeans…Nope!! Not even if they’re rip free, black, and worn with a shirt and shoes. Ok so what about tops, you must then be able to wear t-shirts right…no sir-ree…not even with trousers and shoes. So all in all it’s not smart-casual at all is it, is the same as flaming before. The staff handbook on dress code should say, welcome to the 1850s!!

Door Hangers-On
When I walk through a door or go to walk through a door, I normally hold it open for the person behind me or if it’s a female I’ll be a gentleman and let them through first. My first reaction should someone do this for me is to say cheers, as I like to treat people how I’d like to be treated back. Therefore when I hold a door open at work, in a shopping centre or anywhere it’d be nice for the person to respond with a thanks, cheers, nice one, many thanks, cheers fella etc…or even a smile would be nice (not a creepy, “I know where you live” smile though). But people decide not to…do they think they’re above me in the social ladder, have a better job than me, think that they’re superior to me or simply think they’re above saying thank you? My advise for anyone is to not bother looking back to see if theres anyone else behind you and just walk through the door, or use the trolley tactic and say “Your welcome” as they walk through. A great little tactic also is to flick the door back with your fingers so it closes quicker than normal…great if your at work and surrounded by rude people!!

I could go on with a massive list of the things that have begun to wind me up, and although I may come across as disturbed and slightly demented **twitch**, I’d like to quote Rambo “They drew First Blood sir not me”…If people weren’t so rude, I wouldn’t get so wound up...ohhh Tellytubbies is on!!
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:42
Regular
"xp on a 486 bahh"
bummmm
Fri 27/08/04 at 21:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Damn silent g.
Fri 27/08/04 at 19:59
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"Shabba"
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:24
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
No.

We have gnats though.
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:24
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Don't you have them in Scotland?
Fri 27/08/04 at 17:22
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
A nat?

Ahahahha.
Fri 27/08/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
What annoys you about everyday life, as there have been a few things over the past few months that have been getting right on my wick, yet no-one ever does or says anything about them. To give you some examples…

Trolley Rage:
Whenever I’m shopping in my local Tescos I’ll be pushing my trolley along, very calmly, and certainly not so quick as so I get pulled over and given a ticket or find out speed bumps have been introduced because of my reckless regards for trolley safety….oh no….but why is it that some people decide to think they’re the only ones shopping and that you don’t actually exist. Many a time have I gone down an aisle and someone has been looking at some produce on a shelf, yet they’re trolley is length ways across the width of the aisle, and sometimes even worse, they’re still holding onto it. This always calls for evasive action as studies have shown (my study) that people don’t blooming listen when you politely say excuse me. So…I don’t bother…just a quick ram into their trolley to move it out of my way and they may decide to be more considerate in the future.

Second of all when I’m pushing my trolley down the centre of all the aisles you do not have the right to come out of an aisle, push me out of the way and begin up the next aisle. You may think they’re using tactic one from above and not saying excuse me as they don’t think you’ll listen, however, you are already in the centre aisle whilst they want to briefly join it before leaving their trolley in the middle of the next aisle. Unfortunately they’re not using this tactic, they’re just flamin’ rude!! I find quite a good response to this behaviour is to say in an audible voice “Your Welcome” as they will either a) look up at you and say sorry, or b) just carry on looking bitter and look like an idiot to other trolley users.

Thirdly, and we’ve all been there, the missis wants to look at some organic food that contains no meat what so ever so you’re not interested so you stand tight against a row of shelves so your not blocking the aisle as in the first point. But then some people who require an item that your now blocking have lost the ability to talk, and decide they can get the item by (leaving their trolley in the middle of the aisle) leaning over your trolley, or leaning above/behind you to try and reach something. Rymi-Blimey, I can move you know, if you want me to, just say the magic words, “excuse me please”…in fact I don’t even need a please, I’ve already seen you’re ruddy rude. Whilst I could understand peoples behaviour should they be acting like this if we were in the middle of a war or there were food shortages etc, but 60 bottles of ketchup aren’t going to disappear in the two seconds it takes you to say “excuse me” to get one.

Smart-Casual Dress Code
Where I work there is a Smart-Casual Dress Code, yet no-one can make up their mind what it is. Obviously there are the career minded people who still come in a shirt and tie in the blistering heat, giving us all a nice view of their sweat patches because if they raise the value of the company by £60m they may just get a £200 pay rise, and to do so they must dress power and money hungry. But for those of us with lives and personalities it’s a bit different, what is considered smart and what is considered casual? Are we allowed to wear trainers…No!! Not even with shirt, tie, blazer, waistcoat, and trousers. What about Jeans…Nope!! Not even if they’re rip free, black, and worn with a shirt and shoes. Ok so what about tops, you must then be able to wear t-shirts right…no sir-ree…not even with trousers and shoes. So all in all it’s not smart-casual at all is it, is the same as flaming before. The staff handbook on dress code should say, welcome to the 1850s!!

Door Hangers-On
When I walk through a door or go to walk through a door, I normally hold it open for the person behind me or if it’s a female I’ll be a gentleman and let them through first. My first reaction should someone do this for me is to say cheers, as I like to treat people how I’d like to be treated back. Therefore when I hold a door open at work, in a shopping centre or anywhere it’d be nice for the person to respond with a thanks, cheers, nice one, many thanks, cheers fella etc…or even a smile would be nice (not a creepy, “I know where you live” smile though). But people decide not to…do they think they’re above me in the social ladder, have a better job than me, think that they’re superior to me or simply think they’re above saying thank you? My advise for anyone is to not bother looking back to see if theres anyone else behind you and just walk through the door, or use the trolley tactic and say “Your welcome” as they walk through. A great little tactic also is to flick the door back with your fingers so it closes quicker than normal…great if your at work and surrounded by rude people!!

I could go on with a massive list of the things that have begun to wind me up, and although I may come across as disturbed and slightly demented **twitch**, I’d like to quote Rambo “They drew First Blood sir not me”…If people weren’t so rude, I wouldn’t get so wound up...ohhh Tellytubbies is on!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.