GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"And STILL not getting a DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 28/01/05 at 11:52
Regular
Although this has nothing to do with my distrust for the system.

Seeing the fourth in the Wario Ware series (lol and in under 2 years) on the release list had persuaded me to get the system last night.

Yet I was caught up in the hype, excited for the moment, when I ordered my £130 DS last night. All I have to do is call Nintendo, give them my credit card details, and Wario ware demo, Metroid Prime demo, DS system, a t-shirt and Mario 64 DS would be on its way.

It sounds fantastic but then I realised something.

Although I CAN afford it, I shouldn't buy it. I was already worried about expenses, considering the recent slew of Gamecube software and other such stuff in February. Spending £130 will not help at all.

Also I have tonnes of games to play as it is, waiting till the launch day might be worthwhile enough but even then might be too soon.

I am delighted to see 4 Nintendo games at launch, that's a fantastic result. It includes a Pokemon game too, so the PSP will have a fight on it's hands. The price is great, it is before the release of the PSP and the system is actually looking damn attractive.

The advertisement campaign regarding a boy doing things to the world he inhabits with a finger seems wonderful and the campaign is massive. Also releasing 3000 DS' into each European region, getting a few numbers out there before the launch, is a cunning ploy indeed.

I'm looking at that deal and really wishing I could afford it. But I shouldn't. My wallet would never forgive me. I guess I'll just wait for my birthday.

Damn.
Sat 29/01/05 at 21:01
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
gerrid wrote:
>
>
When is Yoshi's T&G out in the US? I want I want.
>
>

In the US it comes out on the 14th March!
Sat 29/01/05 at 20:30
Regular
Cycloon wrote:
> OMG! Dringo won't buy one!

Did you read the post? Did it not discuss my thoughts on the launch line up?

Wait I think it did.
Sat 29/01/05 at 19:19
Regular
"bit of a brain"
man, that IS a good deal. When is Yoshi's T&G out in the US? I want I want.
Sat 29/01/05 at 19:15
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Strafio wrote:
> Or use the $50 to get Sprung.
>
> That game looks funny! :-D

I'm gonna keep the $50 for when Australia get the PAL version of RE4, then I only have to pay an extra £15 if I'm correct.

I ordered my DS from there a few hours ago. I'm getting SM64 DS and Wario Ware Touched as my two games *sits by door waiting for DS*
Sat 29/01/05 at 18:20
Regular
"gsybe you!"
OMG! Dringo won't buy one!

Hell, should I make a post about why I haven't bought a certain CD in the past week?!
Sat 29/01/05 at 16:44
Regular
Strafio wrote:
> Or use the $50 to get Sprung.
>
> That game looks funny! :-D

I haven't seen it.

Isn't it a dating game?
Sat 29/01/05 at 15:13
Regular
Or use the $50 to get Sprung.

That game looks funny! :-D
Sat 29/01/05 at 14:58
Don't forget the £12-ish P&P.
Sat 29/01/05 at 14:35
Regular
"313>>>ukchatforums"
Man Dringo that deal sucks compared to the one I found. I'm going to import mine from Australia. I found it on dvdcrave.com

Basically for £120 you can get a DS with the MP:H demo, any 2 games of your choice for it and $50 worth of vouchers to use on the site. So if you used those to put towards a PS2, GC or X-box game you'd only have to pay an extra £15!

Plus you'd get your DS sometime in Febuary! I'm going to be pre-ordering it today!
Sat 29/01/05 at 12:17
Regular
Or at least cut in price.

It'd been gone by now if they had reduced the price.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.