GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Very, very funnny SR Guys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/05/01 at 10:10
Regular
The banner advert for "Microsoft Train Simulator" that runs across the top - this seriously had me in stitches laughing.

Pics of a thermos, anorak and a notebook with "Leave them at home this weekend".
I like that, having voiced my opinion of a game where....*drumroll*...are you ready?....drive a train.

No, that's not all!
You can be a passenger!!!!
Oooooh, the thrills of 21st century gaming eh kids?
Just imagine it, you can look out of some windows and see terrain roll past!
Easy now, I know this seems like the dreams of a madman, but someone has managed to come up with a game to allow you this giddy thrill.

The driving option has "dials and levers you can operate".
The numerous control options are:
Forward
Stop

So put all thoughts of Metal Gear 2, Black and White and other pathetic games from your mind.
Microsoft Train Simulator - The Next Generation of Gaming is almost upon us.

(If SR fancy a review of this from someone that isn't exactly lining up to buy this, send me a copy and I'll review it. And don't worry, it WILL be returned to you)

Wed 02/05/01 at 10:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The banner advert for "Microsoft Train Simulator" that runs across the top - this seriously had me in stitches laughing.

Pics of a thermos, anorak and a notebook with "Leave them at home this weekend".
I like that, having voiced my opinion of a game where....*drumroll*...are you ready?....drive a train.

No, that's not all!
You can be a passenger!!!!
Oooooh, the thrills of 21st century gaming eh kids?
Just imagine it, you can look out of some windows and see terrain roll past!
Easy now, I know this seems like the dreams of a madman, but someone has managed to come up with a game to allow you this giddy thrill.

The driving option has "dials and levers you can operate".
The numerous control options are:
Forward
Stop

So put all thoughts of Metal Gear 2, Black and White and other pathetic games from your mind.
Microsoft Train Simulator - The Next Generation of Gaming is almost upon us.

(If SR fancy a review of this from someone that isn't exactly lining up to buy this, send me a copy and I'll review it. And don't worry, it WILL be returned to you)

Wed 02/05/01 at 10:15
Regular
"Fruit makes you far"
Steady on GB. I think you might be surprised just how popular MS TS is.

I'm not a chuffing anorak but I think it has wider appeal.
Wed 02/05/01 at 10:19
Regular
"not dead"
I certainly had a little chuckle when I saw it.

I can't believe that anyone could possibly want to play this game.

No one goes on a long train journey without something else to occupy themselves, be it a book or a Gameboy, so why the hell would anyone want to emulate this experience?

I can imagine people sitting at home, putting on the train simulator, then charging themselves extortionate amounts of money for a cup of weak tea, and some sandwiches in packaging impossible to open with your bare hands.

They sit there with the train simulator running whilst they read their morning paper. Once they've had enough, they can move on to playing other sim games, as if they've now arrived at their destination.

Maybe business men that used to commute by train but now work from home are required to still act as if they are travelling in order to get into the right frame of mind for work?

So, what's the slogan for this game?

Train simulation - Thrill of the nation?

Train simulator - Brain stimulator?

Microsoft: The ultimate in banality!

Wed 02/05/01 at 10:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I think you're onto something here dude.

Sim: Life

Start the day with Train Simulator:
Invite 57 strangers into your room, start the game and fight for airspace and personal space.
Stop playing after an agreed amount of time and invite a different set of people into your room, ones that you sort of know and prepare for:

Office Simulator:
Locate your desk and switch computer on
Make coffe every 40 mins
Have the occasional mate phone you to relieve the tedium (inlcude a html link to SR Forums for light comedy relief if playing online)
Make more coffee
Smoke cigarette and load up:

Lunch Simulater:
A woman comes into your house, you must dash down and pay through the nose for an extortionate and somewhat hard roll.
Leave game running whilst you stand outside your house and smoke.
Nod to people vaguely familiar before loading:

Afternoon Simulator:
Sit at your desk
Push papers around
Play Solitaire and then reload

Train Simulator:
Repeat earlier saved game, but with more irritability and body odours from a new set of strangers you invite into your house and let them stand unreasonably close.
Except for one woman, which is ok but you musnt think about it because you are standing REALLY close.
Turn this off and have:

Just got in Simulator:
Time will mysteriously speed-up until

Sleep Simulator

Sounds like a winner to me.
I've got claims on this game, so no stealing my ideas

Goaty.
(Oh, and if you like the sound of Microsoft Train Simulator, dude, you ARE an anorak. End of story *s*)
Wed 02/05/01 at 11:23
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Well...

I think the Trin Simulator is going to be a very intresting, intelligent product, for the more deserning computer gamer, who know that the most invlolved and intreaging software titles often come under the most unsuspecting packages...

Microsoft equally have a solid track record in developing quality, world class software titles, their games especiaaly although not developed in house consitanty score high makrs within the computing press gaining international acclaim...

---

Whoa!... I dont know what happened to me there... normaly my acid flashbasks consist mainly of dancing swirling colours and a nice warm fuzzy feeling...

Must be all the subliminal advertising in Windows

Windows is a quality product, Windows is cutting Edge... The Blue Screen of Death Crash was completly the users falt...

Speaking of which... I saw a subliminal advertising executive today... but only for a second...
Wed 02/05/01 at 11:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Yes.
You are right.
The train game will be immersive.
Thank you Mr Gates for allowing me to simulate a train passenger experience.
I was rash and somewhat harsh in thinking this was a joke game for Simon Quinlacks of this world.

- - - - - - -

Phew, now all I need is a big Indian to use the pillow and throw the fountain through the window.
Wed 02/05/01 at 12:02
"High polygon count"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> Microsoft equally have a solid track record

Oh, har bloody har! :-)
Wed 02/05/01 at 16:18
Regular
"I like cheese"
Dannyboy Devon wrote:
> Steady on GB. I think you might be surprised just how popular MS TS
> is.

>I'm not a chuffing anorak but I think it has wider appeal.

Are staff the same colour as notables??

Anyway, as you're a 'staff newbie', welcome to the FOG!
Wed 02/05/01 at 18:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Train Simulator? Well at least you don't get the delays, but why look at digital scenary?
Wed 02/05/01 at 18:07
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Just think of the saving! No more buying train tickets! Just the cost of one game, and you never have to splash out on getting to work again. Unless you dont work from home, the you'll have to take a real train

Darkness
Darkness (for Grix)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.