GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Here's a question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 19/08/04 at 15:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've got a debit bank account thingy and it usually takes 3 days for money to come out of it when I buy something.

I get paid midnight today but if I want my ipod to be delivered by Saturday then I need to order it now. But I've noy got enough money in my account at present.

So, who thinks I can get away with it if I order it now?
Thu 19/08/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Best to leave it. The website might not debit your account immediately, but they'll almost certainly do a balance check and turn you down.

And then you'll just look stupid.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
For being overdrawn that is.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Yes

I'll just leave it, think they could charge me £25, not really worth it.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:39
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
I assume you mean a debit card?

Whether you can get away with it depends on the kind of system used, from what I've seen there are two kinds - one simply checks the card you use is genuine, another tries to make the charge instantly to see if there is the money there - no money and it won't authorise. They won't take the money ,just see if it would let them take it. SR for example, grab you cash almost instantly. I'd be very surprised if a site with stuff like I pods used anything but a system which checks the money is there - otherwise they could be ripped off big time.

Worst that happens is your card is refused and they tell you to contact your bank or try again.

Another thing is that your bank allows it, but puts you overdrawn.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:30
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Hmmm might try it. Means I get ipod on Saturday instead of Monday.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:27
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
You will probably get away with it, i dont think the majority of websites debit accounts straight away anyway, they usually store all of the transactions until a certain time, then execute them.
Thu 19/08/04 at 15:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've got a debit bank account thingy and it usually takes 3 days for money to come out of it when I buy something.

I get paid midnight today but if I want my ipod to be delivered by Saturday then I need to order it now. But I've noy got enough money in my account at present.

So, who thinks I can get away with it if I order it now?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.